- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Business Analyst – Data Governance
Location: New York, NY, USAThis person will be part of the Data Governance (DG) Review team, conducting IT projects/releases' review from a data perspective and ensuring compliance with Data Governance Standards.
- Conduct high quality DG reviews for Moody's projects and releases.
- Support adoption of DG Standards for Moody's Corporation and ensure the Standards are integrated into new initiatives and applications.
- Participate in developing DG standards for data and data management activities for all respective groups (i.e. Moody's Investors Service, Moody's Analytics and Moody's Shared Services).
- Maintain and update DG Review artifacts and ensure review artifacts and processes are aligned to the data governance standards and to the cross-functional teams' processes effectively .
- Process DG Review Checklists as per the SLAs.
- Independently manage and author thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation
- Maintain required review and project related documentation for projects/releases within the respective project documentation folders proactively for Internal Audit reviews and for future reference.
- Conduct/support periodic checklists reconciliations and work on improving the numbers.
- Conduct touch-points with PMs on a regular basis to ensure smooth reviews.
- Effectively operationalize Data Governance, working with component leads and other stakeholders and present findings to the management and DM CoE.
- Prepare training material and provide training across the organization on the DG Review process and demonstrate the value of the review function.
- Suggest and implement new ideas that will take DG Review process and value to the next level.
- Maintain DG Review Checklists SharePoint site and update Checklist fields and comments promptly for all projects/releases.
- Monitor DG Review inbox, route the emails appropriately and organize the emails.
- Update DG Review register promptly, after completing the review activities as required.
- Represent DG Review team in the PDLC Working Group, IT Process CoI, DM CoE, SME teams and other cross-functional teams within and outside DG, provide updates and ensure alignment in a timely manner.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business processes, strategies, and data needs
- Supporting the management of the enterprise Business Glossary.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participating in UAT testing.
- Work on ad hoc tasks/assignments as required.
Data Governance Review Team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Five to Seven years or more work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Visio, Project and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SQL and a BI tool is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, and the ability to work in teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of SDLC methodologies.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.