Business Analyst, Electronic Trading, NY
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GreySpark Partners
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
For our New York office, we are currently looking for Business Analysts with experience in the Electronic Trading / e-trading space, to engage our clients to understand their problems and translate them into suitable technology solutions.
GreySpark’s delivery practice is focused on assisting our capital markets clients address key business challenges by delivering tactical or strategic change projects, conducting targeted business reviews and defining target operating models. GreySpark promotes industry best practices and adds value by working collaboratively with our clients to provide deliverables bespoke to their needs.
As part of our technology team, you will take part in the specification, design, and implementation of our technology solutions in the high dynamic environments of the world’s leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, exchanges and other financial institutions.
You will be expected to demonstrate experience of using a range of analytical tools, producing high-quality documentation and working with diverse teams. Critical to your success will be the ability to build strong relationships and rapidly develop your capital markets knowledge.
What else can you expect?
Participate in regular industry focused workshops, contribute to GreySpark Capital Markets Intelligence research, identify opportunities, grow your specialist knowledge and much more!
What are we looking for in you?
- Minimum bachelor degree or equivalent
- Prince2 or comparable project management methodology experience is desirable
- Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to obtain excellence
- Strong interest in financial markets
- Track record of consistent client focused delivery
- History of learning and self-improvement
- Flexibility to work on client site and work on a variety of projects of varying scale
Skills & Qualities
- Proven business analysis experience with evidence of logical/progressive thinking
- Understanding of project delivery methodologies
- Experience of dealing with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to distil complex data or situations into simple messages
- Previous consulting experience is desirable
- Previous Capital Markets experience is preferred though exceptional candidates from other sectors will be considered
- Involved in any phase of the project life cycle, from initiation to closure.
- Running of business transformation projects or IT change projects
- Building and developing business cases
- Gathering and analysing requirements
- Owning and delivering business and functional requirements
- Managing stakeholders on different levels and in various business areas