Business Development Director - Healthcare Specialty
- Salary + bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Mar 18 2018-03-02
Altfest Personal Wealth Management has a compelling opportunity for a Business Development Director to drive the growth of a New York leader in the fee-only, independent Financial Planning market. The Business Development Director is a results-driven, highly motivated self-starter who blends integrity with a strong work ethic.
The Business Development Director is responsible for developing and selling Altfest’s Retirement Plan Services to members of the healthcare profession. This can be accomplished through the Business Development Director’s network and building new networks.
The Business Development Director assumes total ownership of the sales cycle from initiation to closing. This includes:
• Creating, building, and managing a sales pipeline.
• Maintaining a clear understanding of key sales metrics and use it to continuously improve results.
• Reporting activities and results on a continuous basis.
• Managing multiple prospects with a clear understanding of the key decision maker(s).
• Grouping prospects and creating tailored sales actions for each.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Solid success selling in the medical, dental, pharmacologic, and related marketplace.
- Ability to present and discuss Altfest’s value proposition utilizing basic knowledge of Financial Planning/Advisory Services.
- Prior experience working in Financial Services highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Possess relationships with viable “Centers of Influence” within the healthcare marketplace and have a demonstrated track record of success in leveraging these relationships.
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to pursue new business opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills with well-honed presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust from a broad group of constituents including corporate executives, financial intermediaries, trusted advisors, and others.
- Demonstrated track record in prospect engagement, pipeline management, and sales conversion.
- Proven experience in leveraging relationships and gaining trust internally and externally.
- Engaging, proactive, motivated and assertive personality.
- Proficiency with sales tools (CRM, Outlook, Word, etc.) including on remote devices.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and based on a combination of production, experience, and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Retirement plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), and up to $500. for a gym membership.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times’ “FT300” – a listing of the nation’s top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes’ first-ever list of “America’s Top Women Advisors” – she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.