Business Management Associate
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Business Management Associate
We are seeking a creative and self-motivated individual to join the Data Office within S&P Global Ratings. This role will focus on transforming our Data Office services and capabilities with the opportunity of working across S&P Global divisions. The successful candidate will ensure successful project execution, streamline activities and develop strong engagement model for Data Office. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the Data Office and our goal to utilize best-in-class people, process and technology across S&P Global
- Strategy Development
- Assist in developing the framework for the People Strategy and Data Strategy within the department. This includes liaising with senior leaders to create visual representations of ideas and frameworks, develop and execute in-depth strategic analysis, draft roadmaps, and craft compelling and thought-evoking messages.
- Assist with planning, and coordination of cross division initiatives focused on operational migration
- Financial Management
- Assist with the budget/forecasting process in conjunction with Finance.
- Define and implement the Strategic Workforce Planning framework, process, and metrics
- Develop periodic headcount and financial reporting process.
- Maintain organizational structures
- Communications & Marketing
- Assist in the development of the Data Office Communication Strategy
- Assist with development of Senior Mgmt. Materials, Town Halls, & Presentations
- Assist in the development of the Data Office HUB site, liaising with stakeholders to gather requirements and maintain the communication portal as required.
- Plan and manage Data Office wide events, expos, and or speaker series
- Drive department wide communication through surveys, new hire emails, monthly highlight communication, blogs, and encouragement of department wide participation
- Reporting & Performance
- Drive establishment of department wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) along with senior leadership
- Develop periodic review schedule and reporting of KPIs, and facilitate gathering of metrics from various departments
- Drive change and innovation through Performance Reporting and Analysis
Functional and Business Knowledge:
- Experience and knowledge of budget/forecasting processes, HR headcount reporting, and financial structures
- Ability to drive operational excellence and work effectively across multiple functions/divisions and Business Partners
- Strong communication with experience of operating at the highest levels of leadership
You will assist in delivering a transformational project within the Data Office and driving forward organizational changes. You will bring transparency to the reporting of schedule, cost, scope, and business value status reporting to Executive Management and other stakeholders.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience working with teams in executing organizational programs and driving various strategic initiatives
- Strategic Mindset: Ability to understand the big picture, build conceptual framework, and think creatively to solve issues. Look beyond immediate problems for wider implications and determines best path forward.
- Experience performing data analysis (Intermediate Excel is a Plus), and using assessment findings to plan recommendations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Intermediate PowerPoint is a Plus)
- Ability to create material based on Strategic Observations and analysis
- Experience in Photoshop, Graphic Design, Jive a plus but not required.
- Highly analytical and focused, but with keen insight into human behavior and motivational forces
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and time management skills
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented to execution
- Attentive to detail and quality oriented; ability to execute in a timely and accurate manner
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.