Business Manager, Vice President
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Technology & Operations COO Business Management team is responsible for providing direction to Technology and Operations through strategic messaging, informative reporting, and open communication across the organization. The team prepares and gives guidance on presentations to BlackRock senior management and employees across the firm. The team is responsible for administrative processes across Technology and Operations associated with headcount management, financial and budget management, performance and risk measurement and reporting, risk and audit management, talent and development and organizational structure. The team works with Technology and Operations functional teams through clear and concise communication to develop and complete initiatives that assist in meeting the firm’s objectives.
The VP of Business Management contributes to leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Technology and Operations has designed an effective and scalable operating model for the business activities supported. This includes understanding and evolving the service level choices, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This role will report to the head of Business Management and will work closely with the full executive management team.
- Analyze strategic operating model dimensions (competitive analysis, project ROI, location analysis, in source/outsource choices, business economics)
- Furnish senior leadership with appropriate and timely information time to enable strategic communication
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Coordinate global activities (e.g. annual planning, strategic communications materials) across functional teams
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance and staffing against budget, financial and operational goals
- Collaborate with functional businesses, Finance and Human Resources on forecasting, planning, and analysis for global Business Operations teams
- Partner with senior leadership and Human Resources to develop talent development programs
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Strong focus on high quality delivery
- The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks, adapt to change, and work well under pressure
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organizational skills; does not require close supervision
- Ability to directly manage and coach junior staff in a constructive and positive way
- Previous experience in management consulting financial services practice
- Intellectually curious individual with a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, similar related field or relevant experience
- Be an agent of change who is committed to progressing the agenda for diversity and inclusion in the firm
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Capacity to influence an outcome by using fact-based approach with communicational finesse
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Highly computer literate, with advanced Microsoft Office skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.