Business Manager, Vice President
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Are you a Business Manager who is looking for a rewarding, challenging, multi-faceted role with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships, taking ownership and bringing strategic visions to fruition? Look no further. BlackRock is pursuing a VP, Business Manager supporting our Technology and Operations Chief Operating Officer (COO) Business Management Group. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
The Technology & Operations COO Department provides direction to Technology and Operations through central messaging, informative reporting, and open communication across the organization. We prepare and give mentorship on presentations to BlackRock senior management and employees across the firm. We handle administrative processes across Technology and Operations associated with headcount management, financial and budget management, performance and risk measurement and reporting, risk and audit management, talent and development and organizational structure. Our team works closely with the Technology and Operations functional teams through clear and concise communication to develop and complete initiatives that drive us to meet the firm’s objectives.
As the VP of Business Management you will contribute to leadership, management and our vision to ensure that Technology and Operations has designed an effective and scalable operating model for the business activities supported. This includes understanding and evolving the service level choices, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. You will report to the head of Business Management and work closely with the full executive management team. Additional responsibilities include:
- Analyzing strategic operating model dimensions (competitive analysis, project return on investment, location analysis, in source/outsource choices, business economics)
- Furnishing senior leadership with appropriate and timely information time to enable essential communication
- Contributing to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Coordinating global activities (e.g. annual planning, critical communications materials) across functional teams
- Directing annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget
- Handling monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance and staffing against budget, financial and operational goals
- Collaborating with functional businesses, Finance and Human Resources on forecasting, planning, and analysis for global Business Operations teams
- Partnering with senior leadership and Human Resources to develop talent development programs
To ensure success, you will have the following qualifications:
- Intellectually curious individual with a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, similar related field or relevant experience; master’s degree preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working with partners at all levels of the business
- Strong focus on high quality delivery
- Shown ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, run multiple tasks, adapt to change, and work well under tight time restraints
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organizational skills; does not require close supervision
- Ability to directly lead and coach junior staff in a constructive and positive way
- Previous experience with management consulting financial services practice
- Be an agent of change who is committed to progressing the agenda for diversity and inclusion in the firm
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Capacity to influence an outcome by using fact-based approach with communicational finesse
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Highly computer-literate, with advanced Microsoft Office skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.