Business Risk Manager, Americas
This position is to be a part of the AM COO, Business Risk Management function for UBS AM Americas in ensuring the adequate development and implementation of the Front to Back Risk (F2B) framework for the region to ensure key business, regulatory and operational risks are identified and assessed, controls are implemented, designed and operating effectively and issues are appropriately reported and are sustainably remediated. In this role, you will work closely with senior business stakeholders, including core support and control functions. You will play an active role in mitigation of risks and implementation of both regional and global risk frameworks.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Drive the execution of the F2B Risk Framework across UBS AM Americas, including:
o Execution of the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), including establishing and monitoring effective controls within an agreed risk appetite
o Support the business in their Internal Control Assessment Process (ICAP)
o Monitoring and assessment of Conduct Risks for the region
• Through effective reporting, identify risk areas in current business processes and support management and the COO organization in the definition and execution of mitigation plans.
• Represent Business Risk Management on key risk governance fora in the region, including the Americas Front to Back Committees in the presentation of key risk topics.
• Coordinate internal risk assessments and risk reviews including ORI reviews to ensure sustainable remediation of issues
• Lead the effort for coordination and oversight of new business and change initiatives for the Americas region as well as several Investment Capabilities globally, involving the Transactions Requiring Pre-Approval (TRPA) process to ensure risks associated with new business and change initiatives are identified and addressed prior to go-live
• Participate in regional business reviews/Self-Initiated Business Reviews (SIBRs) as necessary
• Co-ordination of Business Continuity Management testing and ensuring the appropriateness of Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs)
• Pro-active engagement with business stakeholders for the assigned portfolio for the identification and escalation of risks
Your experience and skills
For this role, as Business Risk Manager, Americas you will bring:
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience at a financial institution, preferably in Asset Management with strong working knowledge of operational processes and risk management frameworks
• Independent and proactive working style, solution oriented
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) to interact with staff and senior management
• Very proactive, driven and committed team player
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• High attention to detail
• English (verbal and written)
• Excellent MS-Office knowledge
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.