Business Valuation Manager
Are you interested in helping clients, ranging from medium-sized businesses to large multinational corporations, solve complex business and transaction issues? As a professional in our business valuation practice you will have an opportunity to gain valuable experience working with leading valuation specialists to help our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges. Work you'll do
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects within Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory Valuation practice, which may include
- Financial reporting valuations for business combinations (i.e., a client's allocation of purchase price to assets and liabilities acquired), inclusive of enterprise values, intangible assets, legal entities, real estate, personal property and MACRS classifications.
- Valuation of goodwill and indefinite and long-lived asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes.
- Valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international and personal tax, as well as services related to a client's allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only.
- Consultative services to assist clients with their business plan development, strategic investment decisions, or other financial objectives
- Assist with other financial reporting valuations such as derivative securities, debt instruments, and Employee Stock Option Plans
- Valuations for regulatory and compliance purposes
Working across industry sectors, from law firms to government agencies, we bring deep experience in valuing, modeling and analyzing business interests and their underlying assets, including real estate, fixed assets, intellectual property and complex financial instruments. We have a highly-specialized approach connected with a deep understanding of our clients businesses and markets, which enables us to provide insights related to the full spectrum of business transactions from mergers and acquisitions to litigation and disputes. This allows us to help our clients identify opportunities for growth and long-term advantage. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Valuation practice Qualifications
- 2+ years of business and intangible asset valuation consulting experience.
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted valuation approaches: cost, market and income approach
- Employment of various valuation methodologies such as discounted cash flow, guideline public company/ transaction, excess earnings, relief from royalty, with/without, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc.
- Development of financial models to value common stock, business entities, and intangible assets
- Conducting in-depth client, economic, industry, and competitor research and statistical/ ratio analysis
- Preparation/ review of valuation reports, exhibits, letters, and other client deliverables
- Supervising, training/ developing staff on valuation and client requirements as well as assessing staff performance
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility for potential travel to client sites
How you'll grow
- Fair Value experience
- Master's degree in Finance
- ASA or CFA
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
"Mustbe legally authorized to work in the United States without the need foremployer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future."
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFMGRKC0099-VA