- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jun 18
CCAR Risk and Control Analyst (AVP) #109015
The CCAR Review and Challenge (R&C) function resides within the Chief Risk Officer organization. The R&C Group serves Credit Suisse's Intermediate Holding Company (CSH USA) by providing a framework and standards to facilitate effective review and challenge of CSH USA's CCAR and DFAST regulatory filings. The R&C Group aims to provide a thorough understanding of key assumptions, limitations and weaknesses and their potential impact on these financial submissions. This is accomplished through the identification, assessment, quantification and escalation of significant risks and issues raised by the Review & Challenge process across all levels of governance and controls. Effective Review & Challenge contributes to the optimization and protection of enterprise value by having a common structure for reviewing capital planning activities and capital adequacy.
The Review and Challenge Group leverages and proactively partners with businesses and functions to act as a catalyst and ensure completeness, connectivity and consistency across the CCAR end-to-end framework to support our supervisory commitments. The CCAR end-to-end framework includes Risk Identification, Scenario Design and Expansion, Modelling Methodologies, Projections, Capital Policy and the Capital Plan.
R&C Group responsibilities include developing and administering standards, training, reporting and monitoring of review and challenge activities for the financial projections and the administration of the R&C Committee which provides reporting to the CSH USA CEO and Board of Directors.
The candidate will assist the R&C Director Lead for the Risk Function by carrying out various duties such as preparing R&C materials, training facilitation, communication and tracking of compliance to R&C standards, reporting and analysis and an overall assessment of results including risk and controls. Coverage areas include units such as Risk Identification, Scenario Design and Expansion, Market, Credit and Operational Risk and support for 2nd line functions such as Models, Data and Controls.
As a member of this team you will be a key contributor to one of the most critical and challenging programs in the bank with unique exposure to members of Front Office, Risk Management and Finance as well as Corporate Senior Management.
- Facilitate R&C Standards training and communication sessions including scheduling, preparation of materials and any required stakeholder follow-ups
- Assist with high-touch R&C engagement in advance of CCAR and DFAST cycles to communicate expectations, deliverables and timelines
- Coordinate Management Information reporting packages for presentation at the Review and Challenge sessions
- Support R&C governance process including consolidation and issuance of R&C Committee materials, minutes and follow-up actions
- Monitor and assist in resolution of Internal Audit findings
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years' experience in Financial Services with Risk, Finance or Audit experience
- Disciplined, organized and structured individual
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and face-off with all levels of staff and Management
- Self-motivated to learn and contribute to the team
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project) and SharePoint
- Ideal candidate would have worked in one of the following areas: Capital Management, Financial
- Planning & Analysis, Risk, Treasury, Financial Accounting, Product Control or Business