- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
IHS Markit's CDS Team has responsibility for providing CDS pricing based on contributed, quoted, and clearing data received from our buy and sell side clients. The team also provides support for reporting, historical data, trade conventions, credit auctions services and proactively designs the methodology for pricing CDS. In addition, the team manages the processes that support Markit's CDS indices family including iTraxx and CDX, and is also responsible for Markit's CDS Clearing services. Markit's services are used by key financial institutions to help them monitor risk, mark-to-market and develop accurate forecasting models.
IHS Markit has an opening for a CDS Pricing Lead in our Manhattan Office. This opening provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with leadership, OTC market (preferably CDS), and data management experience. We are looking for a motivated candidate to help support the needs of our North American Client base, work with other team members around the globe and further develop IHS Markit's CDS and Clearing Services. There will be requirements to establish working relationships with our sell side contributors to ensure we operate smoothly, as well as a need to liaise with the sales team on product specifics.
Duties & accountabilities
- Responsible for supporting and supervising the day-to-day running of Markit's CDS, Index pricing service, & Clearing services
- Will be required to gain a broad knowledge of Markit's offerings and be able to speak effectively on them externally
- Liaising with and maintaining our relationships with the market making trading desks and IPV team to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate source of pricing for derivative instruments
- Providing exceptional client service by responding to client questions and performing demonstrations of website functionality
- Will be required to build external relationships with clients
- Assessing the quality of data provided and removing data sources that do not pass rigorous data quality checks
- Responsible for data quality, cleaning algorithms, and client/dealer price challenges
- Generating metrics and reports on the quality and quantity of our pricing data
- Will propose and help implement process improvements to realize synergies within the processes used across IHS Markit's pricing products
Education and experiences
Candidate should have 3+ years work experience.
University Degree (minimum Bachelor) in a quantitative discipline.
Understanding of financial markets, knowledge of and exposure to OTC products is essential.
Supervisory experience of a team
Proven analytical, problem-solving and quantitative skills
Must be proficient in Excel
Knowledge of VBA would be a plus
Knowledge of SQL and python based language a plus
Proven analytical, problem-solving and quantitative skills. Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. Must be proficient in Excel. Knowledge of SQL, VBA and other programming languages advantageous.
Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with teams, senior members of the organization and clients. Strong work ethic characterized by a 'make it happen' attitude.
Team player attitude is vital for the role. This includes giving and receiving constructive feedback, as well as a deadline-orientated approach to group projects.
IHS Markit is a leading global diversified provider of financial information services. We provide products that enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Our customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies For further information, please see www.ihsmarkit.com.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.