CFO S&P Dow Jones Indices
Chief Financial Officer. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 16 The Location:
New York or London (Open to other locations) The Impact:
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will support the SPDJI CEO and be a critical member of the leadership team, setting a high bar and role-modeling our core values of Relevance, Excellence, and Integrity. You will build a robust and compliant Finance foundation to support SPDJI's growth with disciplined financial and accounting processes, insightful and accurate metrics and dashboards, and disciplined resource allocation.
You will understand and adapt proactively to the changing macro environment and dynamic opportunities in the global marketplace to deliver on financial targets. Bringing a truly global perspective, you will be an ambassador for the SPDJI brand with internal and external stakeholders and drive greater financial discipline and focus across the organization. What's in it for you:
You will be the financial leader and strategist for the highest margin business at S&P Global and the world's largest and best-known index provider. You will define the SPDJI three-year financial plan and goals. You will lead SPDJI through the financial decisions and implementation of its new growth strategy and ensure that it remains a transformational business pillar in the S&P Global portfolio. You will cultivate a high-performance culture of client-centrism while fostering disciplined execution and a metrics-driven approach to support growth. Responsibilities:
- Financial Performance:
- Deliver consistently on financial commitments, supporting mid- to high-single digit top line growth while maintaining EBITDA margins at ~%.
- Financial Operations:
- Improve core financial and accounting processes and systems (e.g., billing, contracting, revenue recognition, BI tools).
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and strong management accounting and dashboards.
- Evolve systems and controls to provide more business intelligence, reduce manual activities, and ensure regulatory compliance and no surprises.
- Develop Finance Operations Model targeted on growing and protecting S&P Dow Jones Indices unique intellectual property and data and analytics capabilities.
- Strategy & Financial Planning
- Lead strategic projects on behalf of the CEO SPDJI
- Develop a three-year strategic financial plan and goals.
- Define key metrics and scorecards, including KPIs on clients and growth.
- Bring more discipline, analysis, and structure to prioritization of initiatives and resource allocation across the business (e.g. based on profit potential, ROI, and/or execution requirements of new initiatives/ projects).
- Lead planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes in a way that ensures data-driven decision making and clear visibility into performance.
- Communicate variances, trends, and recommendations.
- People & Talent
- Develop a high performing global finance team that meets future needs
- Delegate and empower with the right structures, goals, metrics, resourcing levels to drive alignment and results.
- Model and foster an enterprise view of data and a metrics driven approach to foster growth
- Set high ethical standards and reinforce our code of conduct
- External Stakeholders
- Represent SPDJI credibly with external stakeholders, including the JV board
- Provide financial leadership in contract negotiations as needed
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $218,400 to $499,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . US Only Qualifications:
- Industry/customer knowledge:
- 10+ years in Finance and/or Accounting leadership positions
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA and/or CPA/Chartered Accountant preferred
- Experience in Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge about most impactful trends and future direction of the core index, asset, wealth and capital markets industries
- Critical experiences:
- Held a senior position in a global company with multi-country responsibility and demonstrated cross-cultural effectiveness
- Effectively lead a successful global team
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding financial goals and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to design, drive and pace organizational change and bring others along
- Experience leading through Mergers and Acquisitions and related integration processes
- Risk management and development of governance frameworks aligned with the Finance function
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Critical leadership competencies:
- Ability to understand and balance short-term targets while achieving long-term growth for the business
- Must be able to operate nimbly, adjusting to real-time market demands while remaining focused on strategic priorities
- Demonstrated ability to align metrics/incentives and allocate resources accordingly
- Ability to delegate and empower the right people, set up the right structures, goals and metrics, and set high standards and move fast
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, retain and lead top finance executives and moves swiftly on underperformance
- Must be able to collaborate with peers as part of a cross-functional leadership team and as a partner to key stakeholders
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a global matrix organization, JV board, and multiple stakeholders
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259151 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States