CIB-Investor Services – Derivative Clearing Sales - Vice President
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. About J.P. Morgan's Investor Services Franchise
J.P. Morgan Investor Services combines Financing & Prime Brokerage, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions and are combined to provide an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Investor Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 billion in annual revenue.
As a Client Sales Executive within the IS space, you will be responsible for managing existing relationships as well as developing new ones. Key drivers for performance in this role include sales and client management, financial performance and risk management and compliance.
In this capacity, the primary responsibilities will include the oversight of core products within Investor Services for various client types including, but not limited to, Hedge Funds, Asset Manages, Public and Private Corporate Pensions, Mutual Funds, Banks, Broker/Dealers, etc. The candidate will target new sales prospects and defend and grow revenue with existing clients. Core responsibilities include:
• Proactively managing client relationship(s) through a strategic and consultative sales approach;
• Working effectively with internal partners across the firm and particularly within banking coverage and asset management to find opportunities, and maintaining revenues by ensuring client satisfaction across all product groups;
• Identifying, pricing and winning new business based on knowledge of a client's current and future needs/requirements;
• Managing the client's and J.P. Morgan's risk through in-depth calling and understanding of opportunities;
• Developing and maintaining industry and market expertise to maximize the client's business strategy;
• Serving as client advocate and the liaison between other J.P. Morgan lines of business including Investor Services (product management, client service, operations, tax, legal), Investment Bank, Asset Management and Treasury Services; Markets.
• Generating cross-sell opportunities by maintaining strong working relationships with other J.P. Morgan lines of bu siness Qualifications
An ideal candidate has several years of investment operations, product management, client service and/or global custody industry experience and has experience interacting with both front and back office personnel at all levels.
In addition, the candidate should meet most of the following criteria:
• Possess a working knowledge of J.P. Morgan's Investor Services product offering. Derivative Clearing Sales is a must
• Solid understanding of financial markets and products including traditional asset classes and alternative products (e.g., hedge funds, prime brokerage, private equity funds, real estate / property funds) and familiarity with the portfolio management process
• Have a general understanding of the pension industry including ERISA and the servicing requirements of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans
• Be proficient in building and maintaining positive client relationship;
• Demonstrate capability to identify and close sales opportunities through an active client calling effort and partnership with Product teams, but must have an ability to excel independently
• Possess strong strategic, creative and problem solving skills as well as solid written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, team building and planning skills
• Have strong quantitative and analytical skills with a solid understanding of financial markets
• Active holder of the FINRA Series 7 and 63 securities licenses, MBA graduates or CFA charter holders are preferred, as are candidates with suitable management and/or financial markets experience.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Diversity/Veteran