CIB Data Commercialization – Equity Data Product Specialist - VP
JPMorgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business; JPMorgan CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The CIB Data Commercialization Team is part of the CIB Data Analytics organisation and was created to facilitate the commercialization of data across business areas within J.P. Morgan's Commercial and Investment Bank (CIB). The team works closely with the wider data organisation and with multiple LOBs to define best data management practice, as well as help develop technologies, and data management processes, in order to enable the organisation to maximise the commercial potential of its' data assets.
Our Data Product teams work closely with their aligned LOB and support their specific data commercialization efforts. This role is aligned to the CIB Equities business.
This is an ideal, high profile and very high visibility opportunity for a suitable candidate to showcase talent and skillsets. Key Responsibilities
To commercialize Equities data, we look to create a catalogue of data currently shared with clients, formalize a process to register and track client demand for specific data, and document the legal basis for sharing data. This will enable inventory management, allocation of technology & control resources, and a controlled approach to offering data as a product.
This approach fits in the overall CIB Data Commercialization strategy; the Equities initiative represents the first LOB aligned implementation of the strategy.
The team is looking for a candidate to provide strong support for the Equities Data Commercialization initiative, working with the equities sales organisation to support and enhance the existing data sharing offering, as well as help define and develop the data product offering into viable value proposition.
The Equities Data Product team fulfils the following function:
- Act as SME for data sharing capabilities and primary POC for sales and clients
- Assess, classify, process and track incoming data sharing requests from client & sales
- Maintain inventory of data
- Own scoping and approval for new data sharing requests
- Coordinate build process for bespoke and configuration process for standard data sharing
- 2 years of experience in or related to financial services and financial technology with demonstrated appreciation and aptitude for leading disciplined, complex projects within a business-to-business environment with sophisticated parties.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with senior management and other stakeholders to support the goals of the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective influencing and persuasion skills with groups not directly working for you; ability to build consensus.
- Attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and ability to work independently
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage changes in plan
- Strong interest in emerging technology and "Big Data" in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of equities product set (including derivatives) and Prime Brokerage business model would be distinct advantage
- Data analysis, data management, problem solving skills and business analysis skills are a plus