- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
It is a great time to join our client. They are in the process of rebuilding and transforming their technology to meet the growth of the company. Make a big impact as the CTO here to help this company move to the next level.
Our client is changing the way Wall Street moves money. We provide mission-critical software that powers the largest market in the world, foreign exchange. Top financial institutions globally rely on their 24x7 to process transactions in microseconds that keep financial markets healthy.
The Chief Technology Officer will lead the company’s technology efforts and is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the Firm. The CTO will spearhead product delivery, implementation and provide leadership to the Firm and as such should be both technologically capable as well as highly motivated. The CTO will have strong skills in leading-edge technologies coupled with a desire and the expertise of developing team members to their fullest potential. They will manage up and down the organization.
10+ years’ experience managing financial software development in highly transactional electronic trading environment.
Prior experience scaling existing technology and achieving an Ultra Low Latency environment.
Architecture / C++ programming in a Low Latency trading environment with STL in a Linux OS
Experience leading software development in an Agile environment
Knowledge of OS and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, multicast)
Experience with concurrent programming (e.g. multi-threaded, reactor)
Experience with a scripting or dynamic language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl)
Experience with low-latency messaging middleware/pub-sub technologies
Strong work ethic, good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in product management and determining product roadmap
- Client-facing experience in systems implementations / integrations / support
- Strong client skills: solution development, presenting, estimating, managing expectations, reporting, etc.
- Strong development team management experience: mentoring, hiring, prioritizing, scheduling and staff development.
- Strong department leadership skills: strategic planning, goal setting, processes development, and budgeting