CTO's Right Hand Man!!
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS Advisors
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
Our client is a successful hedge fund.
They are looking for someone to be a right-hand person to their CTO - basically head up development teams and oversee all of software development, QA, Build, Release and Deployment. They need someone who is passionate about improving product development velocity, and an expert in negotiating between speed of delivery with scalability. Individuals should have experience spanning Real-Time Systems, Risk, Modern Services/Microservices based Web applications, high-volume transaction processing and data intensive environments on- premises and across multiples Cloud providers. Our development organization consists of 30-40 software engineers and consultants and will burst up based on business initiatives.
· Partner with CTO ensuring alignment of the technology roadmap to business initiatives
· Manage the other development leads to ensure consistency of architecture, advise on development process,
· Work with the CTO on overall hiring strategy
· Drive architecture for applications that address Tick-to-Trade, Risk, Post-Trade, all the way to SOD positions
· Standardize tools and processes used by the entire development organization
· Ensure smooth interaction with the Infrastructure organization, along with the Head of Infrastructure
· Participate in requirements sessions with key business sponsors
· Proven experience as a Head Of Technology, Head of Development or similar leadership role
· Service Oriented Architecture
· AWS and/or other Cloud Platforms
· Product Development and Business Facing
· Lean/Agile Software Methodology
· Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar