- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 17 Jan 19
At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments, Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking Technology (GBT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm's WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages, securities-based loans and tailored lending. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, GBT is the place for you.
The candidate will be expected to take an active role in the design, development, testing and delivery of processes to accommodate the business needs for Agency Mortgage Backed Securities trading desk products. The role also involves extensive interaction with the traders, desk strategists, external teams and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely is essential. This is a developer position and not a management position; the candidate will be expected to code and deliver software daily.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and development for Agency Mortgage Backed Securities trading desk products for CCAR modeling automation
- Analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
- Document business and functional requirements, including data flow, business rules, and use cases/ stories
- Guide development and QA teams to resolve questions on the requirements and the intentions and business purpose underlying them
- Coordinate business unit and other subject matter expert meetings. Develop relationships across the organization to know whose input is needed, and when
-Interface with global team of traders, controllers, external teams
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on development experience:
- C++ skills. Object-Oriented Patterns / techniques
- Strong Perl, Shell scripting skills. Object-Oriented Patterns / techniques
- Experience developing and debugging embedded targets and low-level software on platforms like Linux or Unix.
- Exposure to multithreaded/concurrent programming.
- The ability to write reusable, optimized, maintainable code that is well documented and follows industry-standard best practices
- Experience in Financial Industry (Trading, Position, Pricing, real-time Risk)
- Fixed Income (Agencies: CMO/CMBS/MBS or TSYs/Futures) knowledge and interaction with Intex/Bloomberg data
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux from developer's perspective.
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience with task management tools such as JIRA
- Good communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, across all stakeholder groups and with staff from junior to senior levels
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment with geographically distributed team members
- Being able to work independently with the users/other teams
- Solid understanding of multi-tiered distributed application design;
- Ability to pick up Q/KDB/business fundamentals quickly.