Cantor Fitzgerald: Database Developer, Compliance IT
Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking a Database Developer to join the team. The candidate will be responsible for building technology solutions to support our corporate compliance group. Additionally, he or she will have an opportunity to work alongside an established team of developers and data architects to assist with the work on compliance portal enhancement, as well as building AML solutions (trades and wires surveillance).
- Must have experience in database designing and architecture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and be able to work under pressure to debug and resolve any application related issues.
- Must be able to resolve issues in a timely manner and escalate efficiently if needed. He or she should be prompt with data analysis, producing reports as needed, and automating manual processes.
- Must have understanding of compliance and financial concepts, and possess excellent communication skills to be able to translate business objectives to be able to design and build solutions.
Technical Skills Required
- Must be a self-starter, a dependable partner, and team player
(5-7 years of experience in the following)
- Strong experience in relational database design and development using Sybase ASE 12.5/16 and SQL server.
- Experience in writing, performance tuning and maintaining Sybase stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Should be good in PERL to develop, enhance and maintain scripts that connects to database and do file handling.
- Experience in Unix, Shell scripting
- Business Objects Report
- Strong analytical skills
- Any versioning tool
- Experience with Mongo DB
- Experience with Compliance AML (Wires and Trade Surveillance) reporting