Capital Planning Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Capital Planning Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 2,500 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Capital Team manages the Firm's long-term capital resources on a global basis. The Team develops policies regarding equity capital requirements, capital structure, dividends and stock repurchases; promotes the optimal use of Firm capital while ensuring compliance with regulatory and Firm capital requirements; provides strategic analysis and guidance around issues and transactions with capital implications; and co-ordinates capital stress testing for the Firm and its U.S. bank subsidiaries.
- Perform strategic capital analysis and financial analysis
- Produce presentations for Firm Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Assist in the production and coordination of the FR Y-14A regulatory forms, as well as regulatory rule interpretation and documentation
- Coordinate with various groups across the Firm, including Risk and Finance, to source inputs into consolidated financial analyses
- Create documentation for the Firm?s capital plan submission
- Support capital planning and stress testing process enhancements, internal controls, review and challenge, and governance initiatives
- Strong analytic, writing and presentation skills, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Proven track record of great teamwork and ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Ability to work on multiple projects under a compressed timeline
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, high degree of technical proficiency (e.g., MS Office) and ability to learn quickly
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in financial services or management consulting
- MBA, CPA and/or CFA is a plus