Cash Equities - Senior OMS Developer - Java
- 190k base plus bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- ARCHER IT LLC
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Senior Java Developer for Cash Equities OMS (Order Management System) Java Server side role involved in building core technology for Equities Front Office Applications.
-5+ years core Java, Unix and/or Linux
-Low Latency, message handling, Domain (Equity OMS a plus)
Are you passionate about technology and bringing systems to life?
Do you enjoy building close working relationships with your business and IT colleagues?
We’re looking for someone like that to help us.
This is a Server side role involved in building core technology for Equities Front Office Applications. You will be focusing on direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, and support.
You will be a ‘hands on’ developer working within a small focused team with exposure to Equity personnel. You will be part of a development team that is an integral part of a high energy front-office environment.
You’ll be working in the Americas Cash Equities IT team in New York City. We are a global team spread in APAC, UK and US. The role requires participation with different teams and our team members across those regions.
Your experience and skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in core Java
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience with data structures, algorithms, and network programming using Java NIO
- Minimum of 5 years extensive development expertise in high performance, high availability, high throughout, high capacity, yet low latency, transaction-oriented, distributed system, preferably in a financial environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with order management systems or order state handling
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with development on a Unix and/or Linux environment
- In the case of clearly exceptional candidates some elements of the above will be flexible.
- Highly committed, and able to build very close working relationships with both the business and support teams.
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).