Chief Auditor - Treasury and Capital Planning Transformation
The Chief Auditor is a senior level management position responsible for managing Citi Internal Audit's (IA's) risk based audit approach, in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure Citi IA is the leading IA function in the financial services industry, and to manage IA's relationships with key stakeholders.
The Chief Auditor of Treasury and Capital Planning Transformation is responsible for delivering audit assurance over change activities in Citi's Treasury and Capital Planning functions. This role will coordinate with senior management in those functions, develop and coordinate delivery of the assurance plan for these activities and manage a cross-functional audit team to provide timely feedback to management and the Board. Subject matter expertise related to Basel Capital, Stress Capital Forecasting, Funding and Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk Management, the accounting and management of AFS/HTM securities portfolios, and regulatory reporting activities strongly preferred. Responsibilities:
- Represent the IA brand within Citi and the marketplace, and ensure that the product, function or region manages current and future risks
- Develop and execute strategic business plans, within all applicable regulatory and legal requirements
- Escalate significant issues and corrective actions, and coordinate the assessment and mitigation of emerging risks and issues with leaders
- Develop approaches to promote knowledge sharing and management best practices across IA, Citibank and Citigroup
- Direct comprehensive audit activities, and a significant portion of the audit annual plan, in accordance with standards, policies and regulations
- Ensure delivery of regulatory and internal audit issue validation, and that IA meets/exceeds regulator's requirements and expectations
- Ensure appropriate portions of Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the IA Charter for applicable legal entities are adopted
- Manage multiple teams of global/regional Audit professionals, and recruit, develop, and build effective teams, and create succession plans
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience in a related role
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of multiple disciplines (Audit, Risk, Compliance)
- Demonstrated success in business, functional and people management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting