Chief Learning Officer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Chief Learning Officer
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Managing Director, Chief Learning Officer (MD) is responsible for providing executive leadership and direction in the design, development and deployment of Nuveen's global leadership development and learning programs to support business success. This senior leadership role in the Human Resources function reports to the Senior Managing Director, HR and Talent Management and leads a team of talented learning professionals to deliver these solutions and will manage and evolve Nuveen's learning platform. The leader of this function will partner with executive leadership and Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) to develop and deliver a global learning platform strategy that drives performance, shapes the culture of the organization and enhances the capabilities and strategic objectives established by Nuveen's businesses and affiliates.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Develop and drive an inspiring and impactful global leadership development and learning strategy for Nuveen.
* Build and lead a team of highly skilled learning professionals to support the overall culture, business and people strategies and manage and maximize training vendors
* Partner and consult with parent company learning organization to share best practices, learning content, and to maximize learning technology.
* Consult with leaders and HRBPs to link learning strategy and implementation plans to business strategies, talent review outcomes, employee engagement survey themes and to monitor progress and issues.
* Recommend progressive and innovative learning solutions that meet our internal customers' needs, business goals and culture including (but not limited to) business-specific learning, new hire orientation, internship programs, self-directed learning, open enrollment programs and top talent development programs.
* Track all work through to completion and determine overall impact (up to and including ROI) to the business.
* Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, according to budget and in-scope.
* Manage and maximize training vendors, prioritize training efforts and effectively allocate resources.
* Create and maintain the Global Learning budget.
* Serve as a role model and advocate for Nuveen's culture and values
Qualifications - External
* 10+ years of successful experience designing and leading effective teams focused on learning, performance enablement and measurement.
* Bachelor's degree in HR, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree in related field preferred.
* Relevant global industry experience with a background in consulting and/or asset management required.
* Experience in creating and delivering programs that work for a global, mobile workforce.
* Excellent quantitative, analytic, and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
* Ability and willingness to travel between offices (15% - 30% of the time).
* Advanced consulting skills and a commitment to putting our clients first and exceeding their expectations.
* Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of learning strategy and adult learning theory.
* Ability to collaborate, influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
* Metrics focused with the ability to track and clearly communicate learning impact.
* Strong work ethic and initiative, with excellent time management, organizational skills, and project management skills.
* Executive presence and the ability to develop a rapport at all levels in the business.
* Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively, and proactively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.