- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Citi Investment Management - Product Manager
Citi Investment Management - Product Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18071301
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
Citi Investment Management ("CIM")
CIM is a global investment management organization that delivers investment advice designed to meet Private Bank clients' unique goals and objectives. With approximately $75 billion in proprietary and third party assets under management globally, CIM offers a broad suite of investment strategies within single and multi-asset class products. Institutional quality portfolio management, research, due diligence and oversight provide the foundation for CIMs comprehensive investment strategies. Core portfolio solutions are available and may be complemented by opportunistic investments seeking to take advantage of timely and relevant market opportunities.
The role is for a Global Product Manager of Traditional Investments that will support multiple products offered by CIM within the Citi Private Bank. The position will be located at Private Bank's head offices in New York and will report to Justina Pearson, Head of CIM Product Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of 4 people with the core product management responsibilities for CIM's traditional offerings, including proprietary strategies, third party managers (SMAs and mutual funds), our non-US mutual fund vehicles and our multi asset class portfolios that are offered on a discretionary and advisory basis.
• Manage people, workflow and, in some cases, large complex projects, across multiple platforms and jurisdictions
• Support Investments growth initiatives by driving enhancements to the operational and oversight processes across distribution channels and operational platforms
• Coordinate, and identify opportunities to align, core product management functions across multiple investment offerings
• Engage with internal and external service providers and global operations teams to support and/or resolve distribution, servicing and operational queries
• Respond to queries from the field on account opening, sales materials and ongoing maintenance of accounts
• Maintain relevant client documentation and manager information
• Support the oversight of Luxembourg domiciled fund structures, ensuring corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and efficiencies in administration
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's/Master's Degree and 5-10 years working in the financial services industry with a focus on asset or wealth management. The candidate should have a track record of leading business product development, execution, and success in achieving business goals. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate their ability to build and retain high performing teams that can work with various constituents, both internal and external, in exploring new opportunities and realizing business goals. The candidate should also have the ability and be comfortable working in a complex, global business across various geographies/cultures and business areas/groups/functions, with internal and external clients and across management levels
• At least 5-10 years of experience in financial services, preferably in asset or wealth management.
• Demonstrable project management skills, including large complex initiatives
• Ability to build and retain high performing teams that can work with various constituents, both internal and external, in exploring new opportunities and realizing business goals.
• Self-motivator with creative problem-solving skills
• Deep knowledge of operational platforms, including Pershing, OpenWealth/FITEK, EBS
• Working knowledge of Non-US and US fund structures, regulated mutual funds or hedge funds.