Client Development & Sales Director, Sell-Side
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The CD&S Director, Sell Side, will play an important role in maintaining and establishing relationships to promote CME Group's products and services to Sell Side clients. The primary sales focus will be on our BrokerTec products and services offerings with additional sales responsibilities for our listed and OTC initiatives. Account portfolio may include Target, Growth, and/or Key accounts based on skill level and experience. The Director will provide cross-selling opportunities to other members of the regional team with the primary objective being to increase volume across all asset classes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial and sales mind set and highly strategic in their approach. This role requires someone dynamic, highly self-motivated and willing to continuously learn and develop themselves. Principal Accountabilities:
• Selling CME Group products and services to Sell Side clients with a strong emphasis on US Treasury securities and Treasury futures and options.
• Create and maximize individual client relationships within the segment to identify opportunities to increase use of CME Group products across all asset classes. This includes the creation and effective execution of account plans for existing and prospective accounts.
• Participates in the development of, and accountable for the execution of segment specific sales strategy. Utilizes CRM system to record and track contacts and effectively coordinate internal efforts with the segment.
• Promote CME Group's wide range of products, flexible clearing services, superior trading technology, liquidity, and capital efficient offerings. This also includes providing education at relevant industry expos, conferences and industry association.
• Responsible for a portfolio of accounts.
• Work with relevant Business Line Management teams (Rates, Equity, FX, etc.), Marketing and other CME specialists to introduce and educate clients on CME Group products and services. Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience with a proven track record in sales and covering Sell Side clients with a strong emphasis on US Treasury securities and interest rate products
• Well-developed networking and relationship building skills
• Solid client relationships with interest rate traders at sell-side and/or buy-side firms.
• Experience developing and executing successful sales strategies and account plans
• Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organization including senior level management
• Series 7, 63 required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor's degree, with MBA/CFA preferred