Client Portfolio Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- QS Investors
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
The Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) is responsible for supporting all aspects of a growing retail business and must maintain a deep understanding of QS Investors products and global markets
~~Client Portfolio Manager
QS Investors is an investment firm providing asset management and advisory services to a diverse array of institutional and retail clients. An independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Legg Mason, QS Investors manages over $20 billion in quantitative global equity and multi-asset strategies covering active factor selection, smart beta, and liquid alternative strategies. QS Investors is headquartered in New York with more than 70 employees.
The Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) is responsible for supporting all aspects of a growing retail business and must maintain a deep understanding of QS Investors products and global markets. This person will serve as a subject matter expert in areas of quantitative investing and product specialist for current QS Investors offerings.
• Serve as a product specialist supporting Legg Mason retail channel sales across active factor, smart beta, and multi-asset strategies.
• 50% travel to support due diligence meetings, roadshows, and prospect meetings providing topical market/product commentary and supporting the firm view.
• Communicate QS’ investment philosophy, process, and investment ideas with prospects and clients.
• Contribute to effective RFP and RFI responses when needed.
• Collaborate with QS Strategists, Portfolio Managers, and Client Advisory .
• Participate in the preparation for and execution of client/sales related meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred (CFA a plus)
• 7-10 years of work experience in asset management
• Has a passion for the markets and knowledge of multiple investment vehicles including Mutual Funds, ETFs, SMAs, CITs
• Experience as product specialist a plus with strong understanding of investment concepts and desire to grow a business.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience using Investment Software and Analytics (i.e. Factset, Bloomberg, Morningstar)
• Knowledge of current competitive investment landscape (i.e. strategies, classifications, channels) is a plus.