Client Regulatory Services - Operations Specialist/AVP - KYC Services
Client Regulatory Services - Operations Specialist/Director - KYC Services RTB
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Client Regulatory Services (CRS) is an Operations function within Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO) and is responsible for regulatory client onboarding, refresh and screening. KYC Regulatory Refresh is the CRS team that supports the ongoing review of clients by performing regulatory due diligence and collecting data and documents required to satisfy KYC/AML requirements in multiple jurisdictions globally.
KYC Services team in New York is a Level 2 escalation team and is responsible for managing the escalations related to refresh program. The team partners closely with Non Market Risk, Sales, Global Financial Crimes, Legal and Compliance, and the KYC Refresh team to contribute to the success of the Regulatory Refresh program.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Director/ Operations Specialist for the KYC Services team in New York.
Key stakeholders are our Fixed Income & Commodities, International Equities & Prime Brokerage and Wealth Management businesses
Level 2 Responsibilities:
• Review and enrich the client remediation population - assist with sourcing missing client contacts and communicate any data discrepancies found to the program leads.
• Provide guidance and oversight to the KYC Refresh team responsible for contacting external clients to obtain refreshed AML data and documents.
• Act as an escalation point for client issues - troubleshoot cases and collaborate on solutions.
• Interact with subject matter experts to develop FAQs and standard responses to common themed queries.
• Communicate with focus clients and sales coverage to provide regulation guidance, organizing client calls where needed.
• Prioritize, track and consolidate escalations in an organized and concise manner
• Review cases before handover to Non Market Risk for assessment
• Represent the team at Working Groups and Steering Committee meetings, providing progress updates Qualifications:
• Exceptional problem solving skills, ability to independently assess and identify plans for resolution
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize time accordingly
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Client relationship skills and experience in communicating with external clients
• Excellent Microsoft office skills required, specifically Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables), PowerPoint
• Strong ability to manage large data sets in order to analyze project trackers and metrics
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise
• AML, client onboarding, or client reference data experience desired
• College/University degree or equivalent with a business focus and relevant/proven experience