- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Client Service Officer
Client Service Officer
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18054359
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
A Service Officer provides service support to the Citi Private Latin America businesses. Their focus is to ensure that effective client service is provided to our ultra high net worth clientele. They utilize the client relationships they build to recognize business growth opportunities. The Service Officer strives to continuously improve all of its end-to-end processes, procedures and operational platforms to consistently exceed our client's needs and expectations.
- Actively supports a Private Banker in delivering consistently high quality banking, credit, trust, fiduciary, capital markets and investment services to target market clients
- Strengthen private banking relationships by providing efficient and timely client service and problem resolution
- Ensure adherence to all internal policies and compliance to legal and regulatory requirements
- Process all client transactions and respond to all inquiries, from external and internal clients to ensure proper validation and execution of customer instructions.
- Stay abreast of all CPB products, services, and processes.
- Service Maintenance and Contribute to Business Growth
- Deliver wealth management services to CPB Latam clients with guidance from the Banker teams
- Manage and execute client transactions with respect to business and individual banking, credit and investment products. Ensure transactions are completed within audit and compliance standards as well as timely execution.
- Be attentive and diligent in daily work habits to recognize fraudulent transactions.
- Take ownership of client investigations (e.g., statement reporting issues and pricing inquiries) and collaborate with operational and middle office teams to ensure effective resolution.
- Coordinate account maintenance for all products and reporting on WINS (including address changes, banker/expense code changes, account status changes, stop payments, no post, rates and fee waivers.)
- Enforce banking policies and procedures to ensure operational integrity while maintaining high client satisfaction.
- Proactively assist in preparation of PB client trips, arrange and participate in client visits
- Obtain banker/client appointments to build upon existing or establish new relationships.
- Identify and document new business opportunities for referral to banker or product specialist.
- Utilize internal systems to properly support CPB clients and perform responsibilities through proficient use of the following Citi Private Bank platform applications such as One Source, WINS, DMS, OLOD, etc…)
- Open and link accounts on One Source. Assist Banker to obtain approval on account openings. Independently review all docs and link all client accounts to the appropriate relationship.
- Proactively follow up with clients on post-sale and address concerns.
- Proactively look to uncover business opportunities, client's unique needs and requirements, and discuss them with the Private Banker.
- Participate in service related process improvements.
- Execution (Client Instructions & Requests):
- Work as one with the Banker Teams to promote understanding and provide seamless delivery of products and services.
- Execute client instructions and respond to inquiries. Initiate transaction requests for new business closed by the Private Banker.
- Coordinate with the appropriate groups to ensure timely execution with the highest standards. Access appropriate operational/product resources for help on more complex issues.
- Ongoing communication and interaction with clients via telephone, email, fax or in person
- Interface with Operations and Product Areas to insure timely response to inquiries
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and participate in client visits when appropriate. Work closely with assigned PB's and clients to meet/beat AUM/CNR budget goals of assigned team. Provide banker with suggestions on potential sales opportunities based on perceived client needs, utilizing cash management, large balance and un-invested cash reports, upcoming maturity reports, etc.
- Receive, authenticate and execute customer instructions on funds transfers, execute requests for internal, domestic and foreign funds transfers including FX trades, US multi currency/Foreign Currency products and Loans. (Consistent with MPP/MIFT Policy).
- Validate and execute instructions to client requests for foreign drafts and official checks.
- Accurate and timely execution of alternative investments/mutual funds subscriptions, redemptions, structured notes, capital markets or securities purchases and sales.
- Follow-up on the resolution of investigations on client inquiries related to client standards. Resolve client investigations utilizing creative problem solving as necessary.
- Manage client expectations by influencing others who support service to assist in meeting and exceeding client's needs
- Open, link, and close accounts. Coordinate with Relationship Officer/Private Banker to obtain approval on account openings, independently reviewing all documentation and linking all client accounts to the appropriate relationship.
- Proactively handle client requests for information and identify new product or service possibilities relevant to client's needs. Refer suggested alternatives to the Banker.
- Respond to client requests to draw upon or pay loans.
- Provide securities information, quotes and valuations to client and execute all trade requests.
- Keep informed and current on all activity on the client's behalf and initiate follow-up to deliver whatever is needed.
- Work with Private Banker to determine when to waive fees or reverse account charges or issue refunds within policy.
- Thoroughly understand and apply all Citi Private Bank policies and processes, and implement changes as needed. Comply with all policies, regulations and procedures. Determine that all client requests comply with legal and policy requirements.
- Consistent with country's legal framework, process transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, additions, payments and special service transactions to ensure that transactions meet compliance guidelines. Adhere to MPP, RDIP, banking, investment and tax regulatory and other compliance policies and procedures.
- Review and ensure that transactions comply with AML/KYC (Anti Money Laundering and Know Your Client) policies and procedures before execution, identify potential problems and refer to appropriate management.
- Identify inappropriate client situations and transactions. Promptly escalate suspicious or inconsistent account activity through an independent channel.
- Completes the account opening process for all new clients, which can be done simultaneously to the CRF process being completed by the RO.
- Completes the account opening process in such cases where no CRF approval is required for all new accounts of existing clients; includes completing CORE applications for clients, reviewing documentation and submitting to Account Opening.
- Review and send all completed documents to intermediaries involved in account administration.
- Understanding of credit process as required for basic credit maintenance: Review and confirm proper documentation of loan transactions and process loans within Credit Policies.
- Coordinate with Credit Specialist/Investment Finance to ensure timely processing of CA renewals. Ensure repetitive or chronic overdrafts are handled accordingly by working with client/banker to establish overdraft lines & escalate to Service Team Manager.
- Maintain Credit Documentation Deficiencies > 60 days to a minimum. Ensure timely and precise viable action plans on weekly o/d reports.
- Business Risk Management - Documentation/Tax-W8ben/Credit Deficiencies to less than 5% of total client base > 120 days, Zero expired BRM's, Zero operational losses, Zero self-test errors, minimize adjustments & refunds, adhere to policies and procedures in order to achieve satisfactory results on audits & reviews.
- Utilize all available technology to fullest potential for increased productivity and compliance/audit results
- Set up, capture and maintain client information on internal systems.
- Keep bank records updated and accurate. Secure missing documents; investigate and correct errors related to client and Bank records.
- Bilingual - English / Spanish or Portuguese required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of banking, fiduciary, credit and investments required.
- Excellent client facing service experience and problem resolution skills required.
- Strong background and interest in the fields of operations and compliance; previous sales referral experience preferred
- Interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, compliance, and marketing
- High level of integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality with respect to the franchise and the client
- Proactively communicate client financial activity, large funds movements and other relevant client matters as appropriate
- Demonstrate initiative without compromising compliance or confidentiality
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task with strong organizational and time management skills per the needs of banker teams and clients. Must be able to quickly manage multiple transactions/tasks
- Ability to problem solve and analyze data with demonstration of attention to detail
- Proficiency and aptitude in utilizing systems, MS Office/Windows, web based and other desktop applications. Strong PC skills are needed to effectively manage daily activities (transaction execution, inquiries and investigations) with various systems.
- Seeks process improvements and generates new ideas to streamline processes/transactions.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses for US based employees
- BA/BS Degree
- Relevant 5-7 years of experience in the financial services industry is preferable