Client Services Associate
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Expand Research, a company of the Boston Consulting Group
- 11 Jun 18 2018-06-11
The Client Services Associate acts as a critical facilitator in support of a Partner and sales team in their work with clients and internal functions. This is a new and unique role for a talented candidate who is motivated to work with the Partner to define the opportunity as it evolves. The overall goal is to make the Partner as effective as possible in their many roles. You will be responsible for administrative support but also for acting as a strategic partner in managing complex priorities to move the Partner’s priorities and strategies forward.
Founded in 2001, Expand Research is a specialist firm that provides unique business intelligence and decision support services via benchmarking and market research across the global financial services industry. The majority of Expand’s activities are focused on strategic cost and human resourcing benchmarking across a variety of financial services sectors.
Expand Research is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group, and is headquartered in London with offices in New York and Singapore. We offer candidates the opportunity to work in a stimulating environment in BCG’s award winning offices in the new 10 Hudson Yards development in New York, and maintain a small company feel with regular social events and a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial working culture.
Go to www.expandresearch.com and explore our product offerings to learn more about our services.
The Client Services Associate acts as a critical facilitator in support of a Partner and sales team in their work with clients and internal functions. This is a new and unique role for a talented candidate who is motivated to work with the Partner to define the opportunity as it evolves.
The overall goal is to make the Partner as effective as possible in their many roles. You will be responsible for administrative support but also for acting as a strategic partner in managing complex priorities to move the Partner’s priorities and strategies forward. This is a strong learning and development opportunity with a significant amount of responsibility. You will develop a broad set of professional skills, honing them to a high level in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the sales process through proactive production and editing of bespoke marketing decks and client proposals, ensuring these are of high quality, contain coherent messaging to achieve the meeting goal and comply with the Expand brand
- Owning the preparation and delivery of client Roundtable events, identifying and targeting attendees, liaising with internal and external parties to agree the agenda and logistics, preparing content and following up with attendees to identify any sales opportunities
- Providing a high quality of administrative support to the Partner, prioritising their time according to business deadlines, including proactive diary management, arranging internal and external client meetings/calls and associated arrangements
- Acting as the US office main point of contact for all authorities, suppliers and vendors, London IT, Finance and HR teams and queries / matters that occur (or scheduled occurrences) during periods when the Partner is away from the office
- Identifying and owning tasks and projects which you could deliver to enable the Partner to focus on their key priorities
Basic job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university with a +3.2 GPA or higher or corresponding equivalent
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet and email
- Highly proactive and organised approach to work, with good project management skills and strong attention to detail and multitasking ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ideally have experience working with Salesforce as a CRM
No particular type of experience is a prerequisite – the right candidate will be someone who:
- Can quickly learn to do things they've never done before
- Dives in to get things done proactively
- Is perceptive and practical
- Takes in a lot of different kinds of input and quickly and effectively sorts out what to do about them
- Thinks systematically and establishes elegant processes and solutions
- Enjoys juggling multiple things at the same time and has excellent skills in prioritizing and moving through a variety of different tasks in a day
- Has high empathy, likes helping others and naturally establishes rapport with people
Please email your CV and covering letter, describing why you are interested in this role and how you have demonstrated the above competencies, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference USCSAEF.
Please include your desired salary range and confirmation that you are permitted to work in the US, along with your notice period/available start date.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Only candidates that are already authorised to work in the US will be considered.
Expand Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.