Client Services Specialist
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Client Services Specialist
The Role: Client Services Specialist
The Location: New York City
The Team: as one of the four pillars within the Commercial organization, the Client Services team provides support to clients 24 hours per day 5 business days per week. Email and phone support is provided during local business hours in English, Japanese, Mandarin, and Spanish from regionally based offices in Beijing, London, Mexico City, New York, Sydney and Tokyo.
The Impact: The Client Services team strives to provide the highest level of support to S&P DJI's clients with the ultimate goal of encouraging retention through the enhancement of the overall client experience. The team supports both global and regional clients including but are not limited to Asset Managers, Endowments and Foundations, ETF product providers, Investment Management Consultants, Insurance companies, Investment Banks, and Pension Funds.
What's in it for you: As a Client Service specialist, you will work collaboratively with a wide cross section of teams within S&P DJI including index production, sales, product management, marketing and technology, providing you with a broad foundation in both indexing and in S&P Dow Jones Indices' unique business model. The role provides direct exposure to some of the largest, sophisticated indexers in the world, assisting users with S&P DJI data, files and delivery platforms. With experience, responsibilities can include supporting and leading client transition projects such as file format changes and delivery platform upgrades, service enhancements including Knowledge Base, Frequently Asked Questions and other self-service tools and process improvements to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Client Service day-to-day activities.
Primary daily responsibilities involve working directly with clients via phone and email, responding to inquiries, working with subject matter experts on complex queries and troubleshooting client issues.
Specific day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting client access to proprietary (e.g.: SFTP, SPICE) and non-proprietary (e.g.: Bloomberg, FactSet) data distribution platforms.
- Understanding each client's question and referring inquiries appropriately to internal Subject Matter Experts, working with them to provide timely client responses.
- Confidently answer client inquires received via email and phone with little to no assistance; proactively look for ways to learn more about S&P DJI products and services, its business and how clients utilize our data.
- Prioritizing inquires, multi-task and thrive in a team environment.
- Developing into a well-rounded generalist, speaking competently on S&P DJI products and services.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Working across a diverse set of cross-functional client teams including marketing, legal, operations, portfolio management, and product development and to understand and address unique client needs.
- Drawing insights from client interactions and communicating them effectively to appropriate internal teams in order to enhance the overall client experience.
- Representing the client point of view when preparing and implementing modifications to data services; proactively assist in developing communications, FAQs, and project plans for various client transitions including platform updates, delivery enhancements and product decommissions.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related experience
- Data visualization skills; experience with PowerBi, Tableau, QlikView or related
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- An independent self-starter; ability to work individually and within a team
- Strong writing skills; must be able to communicate complex concepts in writing.
- Detail oriented and organized with good time management skills
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience using excel skills
- Proficiency in creating documentation including training materials and FAQs for clients
- Comfortable presenting and training clients in both a one-on-one and group settings
- Experience coordinating and leading meetings; documenting action items and following through to completion
- Experience in Financial Services, preferably in a client-facing support role
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.