The successful candidate will be a cloud specialist with hands-on, end-to-end experience deploying and managing applications on public cloud platforms. The role will be focused on working with developers, application owners, vendors, and data engineers to design and implement applications on the cloud. This is a unique opportunity to deliver significant value and drive technical direction for cloud based infrastructure at the firm.
The candidate should have experience developing production quality code in one or more languages that must include Python.
The candidate should have knowledge of Linux systems administration, networking, and security, including automated configuration and state management, and orchestration across systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to design entire application environments that can be fully automatically creating or replicated including network, compute, and data stores, using tools such CloudFormation or Deployment Manager. Experience working with containers and container services is also a significant plus.
Any experience with building data engineering pipelines especially in a cloud based environment is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be passionate about building elegant, cloud-native solutions. Principal Responsibilities
- Working with application developers and owners to understand requirements
- Designing and implementing cloud-native solutions
- Developing automated deployment cloud infrastructure and applications
- Management and operation of cloud environments
- Significant experience designing and supporting production cloud environments
- Strong coding skills, in one or more languages including Python
- Familiarity with monitoring applications using cloud native, open source, and 3rd party tools
- Cloud templating and automation tools for deploying and managing infrastructure
- Experienced with building CI/CD pipelines preferably with cloud native tools
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such Airflow and Luigi
- Deep experience with public cloud identity and access management
- Deep knowledge of cloud platform APIs and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communications with an ability to summarize and translate between business and technical contexts
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Degree preferred in a STEM or related field