Cloud Security Engineer
We are the CTO Security Architecture group. We solve complex security problems to enable innovative new products, and prototype the next generation of infrastructure security technologies. Whether we're designing our next generation security controls, or threat modeling our cloud services, our goal is to define the future of how we secure Bloomberg's infrastructure. That's where you come in.
As a Cloud Security engineer working in the CTO office, you'll be trusted to understand security requirements of our cloud services, provide guidance for usable infrastructure security, ensure that logical security controls are manageable at our scale, and much more. You will strive to keep Bloomberg at the cutting edge by working with architects in CTO and engineers across the company to execute the roadmap for future security technologies.
We'll expect you to:
You'll need to have:
- Support new product development and guide teams to appropriate security architectures.
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor Bloomberg's cloud infrastructure.
- Prototype infrastructure technologies, and understand how they fit into Bloomberg's existing environment.
- Foster a culture of security consciousness while understanding the trade-offs between security, usability and performance at the large scale.
- Help develop strategies to secure Bloomberg's financial products, network, and cloud architecture.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of hands on programming experience in Python, Golang or any strong object oriented programming language
- 3+ years of experience with building cloud services
- Experience with managing security aspects of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Experience building and maintaining services in the public or private cloud
- Experience with best practices for implementing cloud security
- Experience collaborating with technical architects to deliver on a vision
- Knowledge building and maintaining cloud security management frameworks
- Experience with cloud provisioning and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
- A track-record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions. - Experience developing usable security tools in a professional setting or open source.
- Experience of automation throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google Cloud security services and tools.
- Experience with cloud security management tools, such as Splunk, Dome9.
- Familiarity with cryptography techniques, tools and processes.
- Experience of CI/CD toolchain such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory.