Commercial Banking – Business Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 18 Mar 19
Commercial Banking – Business Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist groups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Commercial Banking, a business unit within CCBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. CCBD Commercial Banking combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Data Platform is a global team (New-York/London/Bangaluru) responsible for detailed technical design and development of the data-intensive capabilities using existing and emerging technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Become a subject matter expert in the platform specific to functionality. Understand the systems, understand the users, and drive passionately towards identifying core opportunities for the product. Understand the workflows, needs, value drivers, and goals.
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders; create channels of communication to keep them informed.
- Build inroads with SMEs shaping our requirements and organize working groups that align implementation to business objectives. Become a product expert and organize deliverables on a recurring basis.
- Analyze opportunities and provide guidance on high-value capabilities. This includes the shaping of the data platform roadmap.
- Determine and define project requirements, identify milestones, phases and success metrics.
- Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Prepare technical and progress reports, reviews and analyses of efficacy of current processes.
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant progress and opportunities for improvement.
- Help maintain an orderly backlog and informative documentation.
- Conduct onboarding for new team members.
- BS. or higher in related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
- Expertise in either Treasury, Deposits, Ledgers or Digital Payment applications.
- Experience in Outlining core processes, articulating platform challenges and opportunities.
- Experience in collecting requirements for scalable big data platforms.
- Proven analytical background, with advanced Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Detail Oriented; Displays a sense of urgency, ownership and drive to get things done.
- Comfort with Agile operating models; Deep expertise in Planning and Monitoring large projects. Expert in Project execution.
- S trong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated.
- Experience in Financial services or FinTech firms.
- MBA's preferred.
- Strong consensus building ability.
- Ability to bridge the gap between multiple stakeholders.
- Added advantage if the candidate has prior (corporate) Cash management experience
- Transform Functional requirements to technical folks and vice versa.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.