Commercial Real Estate Loan Servicer
Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management ("WM"), and Asset Management. The WM network includes almost 16,000 Financial Advisors and Private Wealth Advisors - one of the world's largest networks of Financial Advisors ("FAs"). MS has expanded its suite of world-class banking and lending products exclusively for FAs and their clients. In addition to our comprehensive financial services, which include brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, annuities, insurance and retirement, Morgan Stanley has enhanced its lending, mortgage, cash management and deposit capabilities. By combining our lending financial services business with private banking products built specifically to service the needs of Financial Advisors and their clients, we can tailor banking and lending solutions to client needs.
We are seeking an organized and motivated Commercial Real Estate Loan ("CRE") Servicer to help our Ultra High New Worth ("UHNW") Lending team serving UHNW clients (generally clients with a minimum net worth of at least $50 million). The loan servicer will be located in the New York area and will support and collaborate with the UHNW CRE Lending team, Credit Risk Management, FAs, and clients throughout the US.
• Position goal is to support the UHNW CRE Lending Team and its clients with ongoing servicing and administrative aspects of the UHNW
CRE Lending product.
• A successful candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, highly responsive to internal partners and clients, and have the ability to work
independently while facilitating questions and requests from internal partners as well as clients.
• Responsibilities will include:
• Actively work with Portfolio Management, Senior Lending Transactors, and FAs to obtain and maintain ongoing financial statements, rent rolls,
tax returns, etc. from clients in a timely fashion.
• Upload financial statements into the Loan Origination system
• Assist Portfolio Management in obtaining updated certificates of insurance for loan collateral as well as confirmations of property tax payments
• Assist Senior Lending Transactors in various tasks associated with the preparation of a loan amendments and other related loan modifications.
• Effectively manage escalations of property insurance expiries
• Organize client deliverables in an effective manner to streamline number of touch points and ensure a seamless UHNW client experience Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum 2-5 years' experience in commercial real estate lending preferred
• Credit training a plus
• Strong customer service skills in person, via electronic communication and phone
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, database management and Powerpoint
• Requires critical thinking skills and multitasking
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Possess the initiative to work in an independent and reliable manner, and ability to work collaboratively within a small team environment
• Positive attitude
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations
• Ability to multi-task
• Good collaboration skills in a team environment