Communications Project Manager
The Credit Suisse IBOR Transition Program is seeking an analyst/associate based in New York to join a global team that is responsible for the successful transition from IBOR to new Alternative Reference Rates (ARR) across all business products.
Role involves working within the global IBOR Transition Team, focusing on Communications. In this role, the applicant will have the opportunity to deliver market and industry updates to clients and CS business teams, and will play a key role in preparing and delivering updates on CS' transition progress to internal boards and the external regulators. Successful transition is a priority for Credit Suisse with the most senior sponsorship and visibility within the Bank.
A bout LIBOR
In response to an increasingly illiquid market underlying LIBOR, regulators have called for global transition to ARR. In July 2017, the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) stated it would not compel panel banks to submit LIBOR quotes beyond 2021. A significant effort is therefore underway to effect a global transition away from IBORs
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- The role will allow applicant to work on a number of tasks which will enable applicant develop an expertise in an area that is among the highest focus items across the industry
- Opportunity to work within a high impact, small team with visibility to senior management and ability to provide input toward portfolio strategy and development
- Participate in industry forums and client calls and meetings, sharing insight into the Transition and delivering industry and market updates to the Transition team and other senior internal partners
- Develop and handle newsletters to be cascaded to program partners
- Liaise with relevant communication team to update and maintain program intranet and internet sites
- Produce regular reports to senior business partners and various forums on all communication activities on the project,
- Work with the global communication lead in achieving the following:
- Build and maintain a multi-year communication road map
- Prepare presentation materials for clients, CS boards, CS committees and external regulators.
- Set up communication workshops as the need arises to drive through key deliverables
- Take care of internal and external communication queries in a timely manner
- Work with central PMO function to ensure that all program communication requests are recorded and frequently monitored
- Outstanding knowledge of the theoretical and practical principles of the financial markets with an emphasis on content and business knowledge
- Authority user of PowerPoint in crafting content and designing professional slides and materials at Board level
- Excellent valuation and analytical knowledge or ability to quickly learn this information.
- Ability to handle several tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding Written and verbal communication skills, including presentation!
- Ability to coordinate and plan activities within a global team- focus on building plans, significant deliverables and reporting to senior partner
- Accountable self-starter with a problem solving attitude.
- Equivalent work experience in a communication role
- Knowledge of LIBOR Transition or demonstrated knowledge about the LIBOR transition globally.