Compliance Engineering - Technical Project Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
YOUR IMPACT Are you passionate about developing mission-critical, high quality software solutions, using cutting-edge technology, in a dynamic environment?
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic professionals to join our engineering team and help build out a broad set of user facing and data processing platforms.
The Goldman Sachs Compliance Division prevents, detects and mitigates regulatory and reputational risk across the firm, and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance:
- assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk;
- monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations;
- designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training;
- conducts independent testing;
- investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches;
- and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries.
Compliance Engineering empowers these activities by building and operating a suite of software platforms and applications. We are a team of more than 300 engineers and scientists who work on the most complex, mission-critical problems. We have access to the latest technology and to massive amounts of structured and unstructured data. We leverage modern frameworks to build responsive and intuitive UX/UI and Big Data applications, incorporating cutting-edge AI and efficient processes to drive them.
Compliance Engineering does not build tools in a silo. Our user base spans thousands of users globally. We partner with Compliance Officers across divisions, to fully understand the financial products, business strategies, and regulatory regimes. This knowledge enables us to build long-lasting software solutions, and to innovate with a purpose.
Compliance Engineering is looking to fill a Technical Project Manager role at the Associate or VP level. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of our team, you will partner globally across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create end-to-end solutions. You will be able to innovate and incubate new ideas, and you will learn and share knowledge across the organization. You will have an opportunity to work on a broad range of projects, including monitoring of suspicious transactions; developing large-scale graph and search platforms; visualizing patterns of customer or employee behavior in an investigative UI; and automating workflows with new platforms and virtual assistants. Your first project will be to release a suite of new and re-engineered surveillances for our Global Markets Division, focusing on market manipulation and spoofing risks.
You will help design our products, and drive the delivery of Compliance Engineering projects. Your typical day could look like this:
- Work with project sponsors to define and actively manage project scope, plan, resource, budget, timeline, deliverables and dependencies.
- Create a long-term plan, including setting targets for near and far-away milestones, adhering to deadlines and managing resources.
- Identify a potential risk to your project, and propose a mitigation strategy.
- Design, develop and maintain a project's reporting dashboard, and communicate with key stakeholders on progress of the project.
- Review a technical proposal, and verify that it meets our user and stakeholder goals; if it doesn't, challenge it.
- Motivate people to complete tasks on time - and, yes, chase them.
A successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field of study.
- 8+ years of experience, preferably in consulting or financial services.
- Working knowledge of financial markets and products; Compliance experience is a plus!
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including demonstrable experience analyzing data (e.g., utilizing Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, QlikView); knowledge of statistical concepts is a plus!
- Technically savvy, comfortable facing off with Compliance and Engineering groups (Must work well in a global team, multi-tasking environment and under pressure).
- Adaptability and being comfortable with uncertainty.
- A very strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn and partner with others.
- The ability (and tenacity) to clearly express ideas and arguments in meetings and on paper (i.e. great written and verbal communications skills)
For candidates at the VP level, we will also expect:
- Demonstrable experience in end-to-end solutions.
- A track record of influence with senior stakeholders.
- Prior roles with management oversight duties, for candidates aspiring to be team leads.
Knowledge of the financial industry and compliance or risk functions in particular would be welcome, but are not expectations. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity