The Governance, Risk management & Compliance (GRC) Business Analyst position is part of the Risk Management Divisions Chief Operating Officer (COO) team and will assist RISQ in writing Business Requirements to support the GRC Program. The GRC program goals are to: • Provide a harmonized and automated way to collect, exploit and monitor risks, controls and compliance data • Offer the ability to integrate and aggregate data across all frameworks and disciplines in the firm to enable prompt and accurate decisions; governance of processes and ensure compliance with laws and regulatory
The primary responsibilities are:
- Understand and assist ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) and ORM (Operational Risk Management) program launch by promoting the ERM and ORM vision and coordinating implementation.
- Promote the GRC vision of harmonization of process, taxonomy and methodology as well as aggregation of results through reporting.
- Gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the ERM and ORM business stakeholders in the GRC space.
- The primary responsibility is to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders in the GRC space. The business analyst will use the full range of business analysis skills to understand the Business needs and translate it into “user stories” under the Agile framework.
ERM and ORM program launch
- Assist in risk management program launch through communication and coordinations with various stakeholders in the bank (1st and 2nd lines of defense).
- Hold walkthrough sessions with key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the proposed structure and format of ongoing process mapping, metrics monitoring, risk identification and control identification.
- Identify specific needs and process derogation that would require program modification or specific business requirements.
- Discuss draft design approach and deployment plan with key stakeholders for review, feedback and approval.
- Escalate challenges in implementation and propose solutions for harmonization and successful delivery.
Project Management and Execution
- Ensure Agile methodology is followed by gathering features and goals to write user stories.
- Follow set ceremonies timelines to avoid program delays.
- Manage the scope and requirements throughout the project lifecycle development phases.
- Identify and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
- Coordinate and liaise with user on User Acceptance Test (UAT) phase.
- Communicate, escalate, update stakeholder on status (issues, action plans, etc.) to ensure timely and comprehensive delivery.
- Good knowledge of Financial and non-Financial Risks including Operational risks
- Experience in banking industry
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks would be a plus, specifically around risk assessment, issues management, events/losses monitoring, metrics and RCSA.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with ability to collaborate effectively with business and technology teams to guarantee timely and quality delivery.
- Ability to influence and encourage common methodology, common referential and common reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact at all levels of the organization.
- Sound problem solving, reasoning and business judgment, solid analytical skills and ability to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize projects to meet time-sensitive deadlines and follow up with stakeholders.
- Team-oriented and adaptable to changing environment/demands. Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Microsoft Power Point and Visio
- Knowledge of RSA Archer GRC platform is a plus.
- Knowledge of BI solutions is a plus – (Microstrategy, QlikVew, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life cycle procedures
- Proven expertise as business analyst in risk department.
- Comprehensive understanding of business analysis methodologies.
Previous significant experience as a senior business analyst in an investment banking environment (5 years)