Corp. and Business Units Communications Team Associate
The Communications Associate works with the Corporate communications team to assist in execution of communication plans, resources and general operational coordination and support. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain communications team data resources, including databases, spreadsheets, share drives, editorial calendars, media tracking information and other materials used by the Communications team.
- Contribute to various Communications projects, both ad-hoc and ongoing. Assists with key project milestones, meeting proper timelines and working with business partners.
- Assist in maintaining and posting content for internal and external communications vehicles and properties, including social media, press releases, intranet content. Supports monitoring of external media and social media properties
- Manages flow of communications requests from business partners and track incoming requests and current projects.
- Assist/Coordinate and plan internal and external events, taking care to stay within prescribed budget.
- Process meeting requests for Communications team including setting up media interviews, securing meeting follow-up, department and team meetings, reserving conference rooms, requesting security passes for guests, arranging for meeting materials, etc.
- Provide general administrative assistance to key leaders in Corporate Communications including but not limited to calendar management, spreadsheet work, presentation preparation, travel reservations and planning, and T&E reports. Provide general administrative support for department wide activities and projects. When back to the office, ensure that basic supplies for team are kept stocked and accessible to team members, assist/oversee department space usage, working with Technology, Building Services and others to ensure group's needs are met, coordinating all moves, renovations, space upgrades, etc. Provide administrative backup/coverage for some colleagues when on vacations/absent.
- Ensure the timely on-boarding of new employees. Coordinate as needed with HR, Technology, and building services. Help plan and coordinate onboarding plans for key new hires.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of Accounts Payable submissions s, ensuring that proper accounts are used, and amounts are correct and that proper and organized documentation is provided to support submissions.
- Assist in reviewing department operational processes, consistently implementing efficiency improvements and establishing new processes when necessary.
- BA, BS or equivalent degree.
- Experience working in a corporate environment desired (internship or prior position)
- Experience in public relations, communications, journalism, or media production desired.
- Strong writing and editing skills desired.
- Familiarity with social media tools and resources, video and podcast production or related experience desired.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner; ability to compose general correspondence, memos and other documents that require little or no editing by manager.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong orientation toward teamwork
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.