- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17
Corporate Counsel, Moody’s Analytics
Location: New York, NY, USARole: ( JOB SUMMARY)
- Moody's Analytics seeks a highly qualified transactional attorney to work out of its New York office. The company, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis tools to lenders, investors, and corporations.
- The Corporate Counsel position presents an opportunity to provide business-critical professional services in an important and growing segment of the company. You will have significant exposure to the entire global Moody's Analytics organization, particularly sales and client service, finance, professional services and senior management.
- The Corporate Counsel position will manage the legal affairs of and draft and negotiate commercial agreements for the Financial Services Training and Certification line of business within Moody's Analytics, as well as support the Americas Sales and Client Services organization.
- This position is primarily responsible for conducting all aspects of contract negotiations concerning software license, subscription, maintenance and professional services agreements, as well as M&A and strategic partnership transactions.
- Candidates for this position should possess a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school, a strong academic record, 10+ years of relevant professional legal experience, well-developed analytic and writing skills, and excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates must be members of the New York Bar or eligible for immediate membership.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in these areas, preferably with at least 5 years experience in software or related technology, and some exposure to the banking or financial services industry and/or venture capital, capital markets and mergers and acquisitions practice areas.
- Candidates must have strong negotiation skills and a sound understanding of various types of software licensing transactions, subscription-based business models and software revenue recognition principles.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.