Corporate Development Associate
- Commensurate with experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
A global investment manager seeks a corporate development associate to join its New York office.
Global Corporate Development Team with Focus on:
- Sourcing, evaluating and managing acquisitions, team lift-outs, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships
- Assisting senior management on a wide variety of critical firm activities
- Developing and refining the firm’s long-term strategic direction
- Identifying and executing growth initiatives and strategic priorities
- Support senior management in sourcing and evaluating new acquisition targets
- Perform financial modeling and analysis, deal structuring, due diligence, contract negotiation, and post-acquisition integration.
- Independently execute primary and secondary research on markets, industries and companies
- Conduct analysis across markets and business units to assist senior management in key business decisions.
- Competitive benchmarking, and discussions with external constituents.
- Prepare presentations for senior management, shareholders and key governance committees.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in strategy consulting and banking preferred (2-3 years) or MBA candidate
- Expected start date: early 2018
- Excellent analytical and technical aptitude
- Strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional research (primary and secondary) skills
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to think strategically about business opportunities
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Mature demeanor; comfortable interacting with senior management
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Eager to learn about the asset management industry
- Willingness to travel to and work with teams from various countries