Corporate Strategy & Development Associate
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing acquisitions, investments, divestitures and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities.
This opportunity is for an Associate role based in New York.
- Working with senior management and business units to determine strategic objectives and supporting initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of this strategy (considering both organic and inorganic opportunities)
- Participating in strategic and financial analysis of inorganic opportunities – including acquisitions, partnerships and JVs – across the asset management and financial technology industries
- Building financial models and managing the due diligence process to support the evaluation of inorganic opportunities, assess returns on invested capital and impact to BlackRock’s P&L under various scenarios
- Working across the Global Strategy and Finance teams to provide periodic updates on business / regional performance and strategy
An Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- A passionate interest in exploring and understanding financial markets and the asset management industry
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- An ability to work as a team player, accept substantial individual responsibility and proactively create value for the team
- Demonstrated experience working in an analytical capacity, which may include financial modeling, investment research, business analytics, and/or other relevant technical / financial experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in investment banking, investing/private equity, investment research, or financial planning & analysis preferred
- Proficient in company valuation analysis and modeling through methodologies such as discounted cash flow, public company trading and precedent transaction comparables, and sum-of-the-parts analysis
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Asset Management industry and financial technology knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.