Corporate Strategy & Development, Associate
Description About this role Corporate Strategy and Development, Associate (NYC)
BlackRock's Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing acquisitions, investments, divestitures and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities. Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management and business unit leaders to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals including (but not limited to); market entry strategies, business prioritization, and assessing strategic investments
- Support specific strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of the long-term firm strategy
- Communicate strategic priorities and execution plans across the firm via presentations, meetings, written communications, etc.
- Evaluate business opportunities globally, including acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Work across the Corporate Strategy and Development and Finance teams to provide periodic updates on business / regional performance and strategy
- Support senior management in the preparation of strategy offsites and leadership conferences
An ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Unparalleled exposure to senior leadership of BlackRock at the regional and global level, including opportunity to participate in wider leadership activities
- Potential development to broader leadership role within Corporate Strategy & Development
- Proven track record of people migrating from Corporate Strategy & Development into elevated roles within various BlackRock business functions
- A passionate interest in exploring and understanding financial markets and the asset management industry
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- An ability to work as a team player, accept substantial individual responsibility, and proactively create value for the team
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience, most likely in asset management, investing / private equity, consulting, or investment banking
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Familiarity with financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and/or investing due diligence & company valuation, and/or demonstrated willingness or interest in improving these skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.