Counterparty Credit Portfolio Mgmt, VP
Vice President in Counterparty Credit Portfolio Management (CCPM).
CCPM is responsible for exposure and portfolio management of the derivatives and traded products portfolio, which includes analysis of exposures, monitoring of limits and exposures, and risk reporting.
As the business has a significant growth strategy and expands into new traded products, this is an exciting time for the group to play a critical role in
Portfolio management, Driving and executing new initiatives, Meeting regulatory requirements, and Constantly working to improve risk governance.
Position description -
As an integral part of Americas Risk Management,
- Responsible for exposure and portfolio management of counterparties and effective management of risk in derivative transactions.
- Conduct what-if analysis on new transactions and counterparty portfolio.
- Utilize what-if analysis to determine appropriate risk limits and work with credit officers and with front office to formulate recommendations.
- Play a critical liaison role with Head Office (Tokyo) credit departments for timely credit limit applications and approvals.
- On an ongoing basis, analyze counterparty credit exposure on various metrics such as Expected Positive Exposure, Potential Future Exposure, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of intraday and end of day limits, excesses and collateral disputes.
- Responsible for regulatory and risk reporting (Head office/JFSA, US Basel III, Americas risk management reports)
- Play a key role in executing ongoing improvements in data quality and reporting infrastructure.
- Support new initiatives and projects to enhance portfolio management including wrong way risk/stress testing.
- Play a critical SME role in working with the Technology group (IT) to guide business requirements related to new products/enhanced reporting.
- Support ongoing regulatory requirements/exams on ongoing remediations.
Experience and Education Requirements -
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Mathematics/Engineering.
- Strong analytical and quantitative background, and modeling abilities
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Credit Risk Management.
- Experience in derivative products/counterparty credit risk is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with partners, provide direction and follow-up to get the job done.
Proficiency in Japanese is preferred. Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.