The successful candidate will have accounting experience in the financial services space and be comfortable interacting in a team-based environment. The Hedge Fund Accountant role presents an opportunity to be involved in all accounting aspects for hedge funds.
• Prepare monthly closing package to support the calculation of the Fund’s NAV including working with an external fund administrator when necessary
• Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparties and investors • Coordinate investor transactions including subscriptions and redemptions
• Prepare month-end investor statements
• Monitor expense budgets and accruals
• Understand and have the ability to discuss governing documents of the Fund (PPM, LLC agreement, subscription documents, etc.)
• Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation
• Coordinate with external tax preparers in the tax return and K-1 process
• Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures
• Interact with senior management, corporate accounting, internal operations, analysts and legal department
Skills & Experience Required
• BS/BA required
• 2-4 years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to hedge fund, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting is required
• Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
• CPA Strongly Preferred