Credit Review Division, Vice President
SUMMARY: Participate in the Bank’s credit review functions to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that facilities extended conform to established lending policies and regulatory guidelines thereby minimizing losses. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: REVIEW RELATED: * Complete individual credit reviews for all corporate
Participate in the Bank’s credit review functions to ensure that acceptable credit standards are maintained and that facilities extended conform to established lending policies and regulatory guidelines thereby minimizing losses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete individual credit reviews for all corporate and specialized lending divisions.
- Assist in the planning and preparation prior to the start of credit reviews, as directed.
- Review structure of loans and other types of credit facilities, financial performance of borrower &/or guarantor, economic and industry operating environment as well as other relevant credit risk factors.
- Assess accuracy of risk ratings based on credit related procedures and recommend rating changes, if necessary.
- Identify deficiencies in credit processes.
- Verify that adequate reserves are maintained for borrowers with identified losses at the banks’ subsidiaries.
- Review the analysis performed for “Loss ID” amounts at branches.
- Ensure compliance with bank’s lending policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Discuss potential issues with account officers, CRAD’s DGM &/or GM (Credit Review Americas Division), Americas Credit Division, if necessary.
- Prepare review reports containing the results of the credit review based on CRAD’s guidelines.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
- Ensure consistency in the application of the risk rating process and risk evaluation through the various business units of the bank & its subsidiaries.
- Participate in the review of Self-Assessment results.
- Conduct reviews of quarterly Loss ID to determine appropriateness of change in methodologies.
- Conduct reviews of borrowers subject to Close Watch Monitoring.
- Proactively recommend changes to bank’s lending policies and CRAD’s P&P, as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of all policies and procedures related to lending, credit rating and problem loan monitoring.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in the industry and regulatory environment. Keep abreast of topical issues and new or pending laws/regulations that may affect banking, in general and credit review, directly.
- Possess, at least, a basic understanding of the bank’s compliance rules and regulations. Be aware that questions and/or clarification about such rules should be directed to Americas Legal & Compliance Department (“ALCD”). Attend Annual Compliance Training presented by ALCD. Comply with the bank’s “Code of Conduct.”
- Additional responsibilities / special projects as directed by management.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Approximately 5 + years experience in credit review, lending and/or credit administration either with a financial institution or a U.S. regulatory agency.
- Formal credit training.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent work experience necessary.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to arrive at creative solutions; a self-starter.
- Familiarity with a variety of products such as: Corporate Credit, Acquisition Financing, Project Finance, Latin America Finance, Trade Finance, Leasing, Securitization, Derivatives. Willing to learn new credit products.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Some travel required.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.