- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 27 May 18
Credit Risk Management, Portfolio Management/CCAR - VP (#108450)
Credit Risk Management (CRM) is a department within the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) division. This group collaborates with key stakeholders throughout the Bank, to strengthen holistic risk coverage and optimize the capital planning process commensurate with the firm's risk profile.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects, or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns internal credit ratings; establishes and leads credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to senior management. CRM also interacts with business divisions to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
CRM is seeking a Vice President (VP) to join its Stress Testing Results team. This role is responsible for coordinating components of the CCAR stress testing production at CS, in addition to helping to design and implement internal forecast processes for credit and counterparty credit risk analysis. This role requires a versatile producer who is capable of operating under strict deadlines. Your skill at rapidly building bridges, is imperative. You will also need to possess significant intellectual horsepower and creativity, and will have a strong sense of partnership.
- You will be working with a highly skilled and motivated team across two US locations.
- You will contribute to all Credit Risk Management-related aspects of CCAR
- Perform quantitative management of credit portfolios across lending and trading products
- Identify, review and report risk concentration in the portfolio; proactively communicate these risks to key partners (Front-Office, Senior Management) to ensure adherence to Board level limit framework
- Advise and analyze complex, structured transactions and portfolios
- You will have an opportunity to represent CRM in regulatory and senior risk management meetings
- Deliver reliable and precise portfolio analyses under time pressure, drive methodology and infrastructure development initiatives as a senior member of CRM
- You have 5-10 years of financial sector experience, preferably in a risk management or Front-Office role
- You possess strong leadership skills
- You have substantial knowledge of Counterparty Credit Risk, including a solid VaR and market risk background
- Strong knowledge in Derivatives Pricing, Greeks, Hedging strategies
- Distinctive product knowledge across lending and trading, including understanding of risks for OTC and exchange traded derivatives, as well as for EPB/Stock Lending & Borrowing/Repo transactions
- You have good knowledge of credit risk regulation (Basel 3 and US regulations)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sophisticated analysis skills and the ability to implement stable and effective solutions.
- Coding skills (e.g. VBA, SQL) is a plus
- You are willing to work hard and achieve high quality results.
- You are a reliable and motivated teammate that drives projects and tasks independently and with a hands-on approach.