Custom Index Analyst, Quantitative Modeling
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Custom Index Analyst, Quantitative Modeling
The Role: Custom Index Analyst, Quantitative Modeling
The Location: 55 Water Street, New York, NY
The Team: As the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, we help investors identify, measure, and capitalize on global investment opportunities. You will be a member of a small team of index analyst within the Quantitative modeling group. You'll work closely with other teams including developers, product management, client services, and external clients to implement and maintain indices on a daily basis.
The Impact: You will have the opportunity to participate in managing cutting edge quantitative models that our clients rely on for trading and bench-marking purposes.
What's in it for you: This position will provide you with the opportunity to advance your quantitative modeling, data analysis, and excel modeling skills. In addition, you'll be exposed to a fast paced client driven environment where you will learn to multi-task and enhance your financial knowledge.
- Analyze and maintain complex index methodology and solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis
- Manage and maintain relationships with clients.
- This particular position will have to work with a large amount of complex index models in Excel and Access.
- Preparing and calculating client custom indices.This includes performing analytical research on companies to determine the composition of the index, adjusting data in our calculation system, and adjusting the data to conform to the rules of the index.
- Interpret complex index methodology to ensure that calculation of index levels correspond to the stated methodology
- Must ensure timely and accurate delivery of real-time and end-of-day index data to clients and end users.
- Preparing and delivering announcements as they relate to index changes to clients and end users in advance of the implementation changes.
- Quantitative analyses of index returns, weights and constituents
- Manages and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Index Services, across other S&P departments, particularly development.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred
- Strong Math background.
- Superior skills in Excel & Access. VBA, SQL and Matlab preferred
- Must be able to working with complex financial models
- Understanding of equity markets, commodities pricing, bond and derivatives calculations.
- At least 1+ years of work experience, preferably in an index company
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Detail oriented with ability to consistently perform daily production tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and / or groups
- Experience dealing with customers in a time-sensitive demanding environment where interpretation of data has both objective and subjective components requiring persuasion and influencing skills
- CFA preferred
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.