Cybersecurity Project Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Cybersecurity Project Manager
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Cybersecurity Project Manager is responsible for supporting the cybersecurity initiatives across the New York Life enterprise as they work with Technology, Business, HR, Compliance, Agency, subsidiaries, etc., to enhance cybersecurity capabilities and comply with various cybersecurity regulations such as the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYS DFS) Cybersecurity Regulation.
A dedicated project manager is required as part of the Integrated Office to oversee, facilitate, track and report on multi-year project related activities. This individual is expected to leverage their project management strength and cybersecurity experience (not must have) to ensure projects are well defined, scoped, planned, budgeted and tracked accordingly through completion. The ideal candidate is proactive, approach all things with a risk perspective and strive for accountability and transparency.
- Ensure ongoing activities are aligned to the strategy and objectives of the program
- Assess adequacy, timeliness and appropriateness of project plans to meet their strategic goals and regulatory requirements
- Develop and enhance management reporting and metrics to ensure key status, risks, issues, dependencies, decisions, etc., are highlighted, escalated and tracked
- Manage financials from spending requirements to budget vs actuals
- Coordinate program level workshops to reassess status, risks, issues, and alignment to not only the strategy or regulation, but also to other interdependent projects and initiatives
- Facilitate meetings from scheduling, capturing meeting minutes, to sending appropriate levels of communications
- Validate work products and ensure proper documentations are captured, tracked and stored securely
- Ensure projects are effectively working towards complying with regulatory requirements and deadlines
- Identify and escalate key risks, issues, and delays to management and stakeholders on a timely manner
- Strong Program Management experience of at least 4 years
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with Project Management methodologies/techniques from Agile to RAID logs
- Ability to build partnerships across businesses, technology groups, levels and disciplines
- Broad risk management and/or consulting experience
- Knowledge of system architecture, infrastructure, security and applications
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Good to have relevant information security or cybersecurity certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA)
- Good to have knowledge of key industry control frameworks (e.g., NIST Cyber Security Framework, COSO, COBIT, ISO 27000)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.