Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Specialist, Information Security NY (ISNY) - Technology Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do:
Information Security New York (ISNY) is responsible for developing, executing and maintaining a superior information security program that promotes resiliency by identifying and mitigating cyber risks and threats through risk-based consultation, advice, and direction for controls, designs, and investments for the entire Bank. Your role as Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Associate :
The Cyber Risk Assessment Associate will execute and implement enhancements on the Bank's cyber security risk assessment and management program. The position resides in the Information Security Function and reports to a manager of the Risk Assessment and Management Department. Specifically, the role will be responsible for conducting:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Cyber risk assessments that assess the security posture of information systems and provide direction and recommendation based on the assessment results.
- Perform cyber risk management activities appropriately and in accordance with the Bank's three lines of defense framework.
- Develop security metrics to measure performance on security risk management activities.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Relevant industry accepted security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CRISC, SANS, etc.)
- Possession of or the ability to obtain U.S. Government Security Clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship
- Experienced in conducting security risk assessment based on NIST 800-53.
- Strong knowledge in supporting the implementation of comprehensive security controls consistent with risk.
- Strong knowledge of information security landscape, Cloud security solutions, and current and emerging security threats.
- Strong understanding of industry standard information security control frameworks, such as, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Experienced working with results generated from vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, threat modeling, and secure code reviews.
- Demonstrate experience in the area of risk and controls across various technology platform.
- Ability to understand, and clearly articulate complex technology risks or control deficiencies to technical and non-technical business representatives, and translate into business risks. Be able to recommend security solutions and remediation.
- Ability to collaborate across different business lines to achieve deliverables
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.