DWS Asset Management Legal Counsel - Vice President
Position Overview Job Title:
DWS Asset Management Legal Counsel Corporate Title:
Vice President Location:
New York, NY Overview
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 745bn of assets under management (as of June 2019). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer professionals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients.
Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach. DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team. What We Offer You:
Your Key Responsibilities:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS' specialized employee groups
Your Skills and Experience:
- Drafting and negotiating investment management agreements and sub-advisory agreements in connection with separately managed accounts of institutional clients and advising on the launch and on-going operation of strategies related to such accounts
- Review of marketing materials and RFPs
- Reviewing and negotiating trading agreements (futures agreements, ISDA documentation, loan trade-related documents, etc.)
- Providing advice on trading and portfolio management issues
- Advising the business on new regulatory developments
- Working with colleagues outside the US to address cross-border legal and regulatory issues arising from the global nature of our business
- Experience with a law firm and/or as in-house counsel at an asset management firm
- An in-depth understanding of the Investment Advisers Act and ERISA experience
- Experience or familiarity with the Investment Company Act, the Commodity Exchange Act, and CFTC rules
- Possess a strong understanding of such regulations and how advisory products and US registered investment managers are impacted
- Experience with the Bank Holding Company Act and the Volcker Rule is a plus
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.