- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 17
Location: New York, NY, USARole
Moody's Analytics is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to become part of a specialized data team that will support strategic projects and focus on growing our current business. The Data Analyst will work with internal content providers in addition to customer-facing teams to understand the spectrum of needs and capabilities. In particular this role will focus on our data intake and distribution platforms, both internal and external, including distribution via Excel Add-in and bulk distribution. This role is critical to our data enablement program and will be key in analyzing, organizing, integrating and managing our diverse and rich data sets.
- Conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
- Develop and implement data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Presenting the results of a technical analysis to business clients or internal teams.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Engage with business groups and partners from other technology groups to facilitate clear understanding of business need and deliver appropriate solutions
- Works in conjunction with management to utilize data effectively to support operational and business solutions
Moody's Analytics / Content
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), relational databases (SQL etc.), non-relational databases (Mongo dB, Solr) and programming (XML, or ETL frameworks),
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Library Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large datasets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining and data cleansing.
- Experience with Collibra Data Governance Center (or similar) a plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.