Who we are
automotiveMastermind currently provides U.S. automotive dealers with AI/behavior prediction analytics software and marketing solutions that improve the vehicle purchase process and results. Our cloud-based technology helps dealers precisely predict automobile-buying behavior and automates the creation of microtargeted customer communications, leading to proven higher sales and more consistent customer retention. In 2017 we were acquired by IHS Markit.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. They help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk. What we do
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI. What you will do
A critical function of the Data Strategy team is to ingest third-party data and deliver high-quality inputs to our data science and consumer marketing processes.
As a Data Analyst, you will become a subject-matter expert on the entire data flow powering our dealer experience. You will develop a working understanding of all the data streams ingested and the data's application in the aM system. You will triage and troubleshoot customer requests to reconcile separate data sources, and ensure high levels of data quality. You will identify errant data inputs by applying and creating analytical frameworks to streamline quality check processes. You will support troubleshooting of data flow issues in collaboration with our vendors, product teams, and engineering partners. You will regularly work with large sets of data in the production environment, combining analytical thinking and knowledge of the data flow to confirm data accuracy and integrity. You are expected to take ownership of your work, respond to varying levels of urgency, contribute on multiple projects in parallel, and escalate according to SLAs on an ad-hoc basis.
Who you are
- Resolve complex data-related issues under time pressure, providing excellent communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a deep and broad understanding of dealership and dealer group data
- Learn and improve upon aM's current extraction, ingestion, transformation, and quality control processes for dealerships' sales, service, and inventory data, among other sources
- Continuously enhance analytical processes to ensure high quality of transformed data
- Resolve data-related customer support tickets, developing an instinct for data vs. system issues
- Identify patterns in processes and support tickets, and work with onboarding, data strategy, product, engineering, and QA to resolve issues at their root cause
- Query and extract data using common computer languages (SQL, C#, Python)
- Analyze data to support data-driven decision making
- Analyze data to determine the scope of issues and support containment efforts
- Work towards the company's vision/mission/goals by spearheading independent projects
- Bachelors' degree in mathematics, engineering, economics, statistics, computer science, information management or related quantitative field OR equivalent relevant industry experience
- 2+ years' professional experience in a fast-moving company or in the auto industry, preferably interfacing directly with customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and handle ambiguity
- Comfortable with technology and an understanding of process-based tools
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (vlookups, index/match, pivot tables, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge
- Prior automotive experience a plus
- SalesForce or CRM experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical scenarios to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to execute against multiple projects as part of a team or independently, while managing competing deadlines
- Regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results
- Continually look to improve your professional career, as well as strive for personal growth
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.