Data Analyst - Product Strategy
Job Description As a Data Analyst within the Central Product Strategy Group, you will participate in data evaluation projects for the Bureau Van Dijk (BvD) division of Moody's Analytics.
You will work as part of a small team under the leadership of a Senior Director. During a typical project, you will interact with BvD product and technology teams to understand data workflows, and to identify and resolve issues related to data quality. You will also interact with information providers and vendors to source relevant data attributes to supplement BvD products. Once solutions have been identified, you will be expected to plan and supervise the implementation of those ideas.
The position requires curiosity and flexibility. This is not a routine data crunching job. You will be part of a small team, wearing multiple hats if required and can pivot quickly in response to evolving project needs. Your day-to-day activities may change as we identify interesting new opportunities. Prior exposure to an entrepreneurial environment, especially start-ups will be beneficial. If you are a data geek, you will find friendly faces among us.
- Understand existing data workflows with BvD, formulate hypothesis about how to improve quality, determine what data is needed to test hypotheses, and then find, prepare, and analyze the data.
- Contribute to group discussions about improving data quality, and helping to clarify assumptions.
- Meet with data vendors, information providers, and start-ups to identify relevant sources of data. Construct Proof-of-Concept testing to vet data from each new source.
- Summarize conclusions, and assist in preparing interim reports and final presentations. Help formulate recommendations to the executive leadership of Moody's Analytics.
- Over time, maintain a broad awareness of the fast-moving worlds of data and analytics. Keep up with relevant trends, technologies, and players.
- Bachelor's degree, with evidence of prior studies in business, economics, computing, mathematics, and/or engineering.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in an analytically-oriented or start-up role with a visible focus on data, i.e., either launching data products, managing data products, selling data products, etc.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to solve unstructured problems.
- Experience working on projects from concept to launch.
- High proficiency with MS Excel; intermediate knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
- Intermediate knowledge of coding in Python, R, and SQL
- High familiarity with the broad world of data - types, technologies, vendors, consumers, etc.
- Strong evidence of being self-disciplined, highly organized, and attentive to detail.
- Willingness to take on new assignments and projects as opportunities arise.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time, with necessary authorization for travel outside the United States if required.
- Full professional fluency in English. Knowledge of French is a plus but not a requirement.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.